1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA Race licenses have nothing to do with listing a classified ad. They allow you to race with WERA Motorcycle Roadracing.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is something to that - problem is it's something we can't do anything about at all, people in general get pissy about change.

The viable suggestions are all being looked at. The whining about the money is being treated as the bullshit it is. The change part can't be fixed. I couldn't do as much with the BBS as we can with the new site. The BBS by itself is enough of a resource hog to allow things like more/larger pictures etc... The new site will take some getting used to as do all new things, however in the long run it will be better than this site could ever be.

The BBS was here and thriving long before I added classifieds. It'll be just fine. WERA was here and thriving long before I added classifieds OR the bbs. WERA will be just fine. If the classified users want to be here and thrive that's their choice or not - it honestly will have no effect on the other entities in question.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Simple - you give me a million dollars and I'll give you the keys to the BBS - then you can do whatever you like. Add another 4 million and you can have all of WERA and run it better than we ever could.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All this stupid shit just reminds me of one thing from semi-recent history. You know requiring people to buy transponders is going to put WERA out of business.

5. smgosnel

smgosnel Active Member

Props to something new, def take some getting use to, but looks like a good start...

Mongo: For browsing purposes is there anyway to veiw more then ten "items" on a page?
    A selection for 20, 50 per page... as the classifieds grow. If there is i missed it. Thanks

6. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

OK, just tried to post an ad, filled it all out, loaded pics, 1.15mb avg size, clicked next and after a minute it took me back to step one and lost everything?
    I'll admit I'm a dumbass when it comes to computers, but what happened?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet but definitely working on it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not 100% sure but I think some browsers have ad blockers or possibly even your security software is messing with the site being able to get your pictures off your hard drive. I know one person had an issue that was cured by turning ad blocker off for the site.

9. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

good job with the new classifieds mongo.

the idea of the classifieds forum is for individuals to sell THEIR personal stuff, not make it a market for the used part monger. just like ebay charges people to sell items it was only a matter of time before wera had to.

10. RFairbairn

Thanks, I turned off popup blocker for that site and it worked.

11. LudjakR1

LudjakR1 Well-Known Member

Good Job Mongo I like it

12. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is there a way to possibly break up the parts for sale section? Might be good to have an OEM category and Aftermarket category? Might make it easier to find stuff that way

13. RFairbairn

I thought it was the popup blocker but, the first ad I was able to post only had two pics.
    I then tried to remake the other ad and put in 8 pics, took me back to step 1, tried again with only 4 pics and it went through.
    Is there a total photo size limit per ad?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Try uploading the other 4 as an edit, it could still be something on your end keeping too much info from being transferred off your computer.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds good. We should be able to do that easily enough.

16. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

cool thanks

17. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Mongo- you are sorely mistaken about my meanings. No idea why as I never once said I had a problem with ANY FEES!! I am not pissed about anything. Although I have posted a few things for sale, I have had nibbles, but I have never completed a sale of anything ever on WERA. I have only donated things for free on this board. I have bought tons of things on this board. SO I haven't been "using" you at all. SO why would I be pissed that you're "stopping me" if I never sidestepped your commission, as I never sold anything? MAkes sense, no? If you see one post I made where I said the fees were exorbiant or unneccessary, post it up.

As for the comment on I was gonna race with WERA, but not now blah blah blah..I am not that childish at all. I don't care what classifieds you use. If I get the chance to do a V7 race I'd love to...furthermore you guys use much better tracks than I get to race on up here....and your V7 bunch sound like a riot. I still hope to. Just gotta be able to make the time around the six rounds I do up here.

I will reitterate. I have no issues with any fees. $1.00 for selling a pair of wave rotors or something like that is peanuts, and easily acceptable, especialy since you are letting people post multiple parts in one ad.....it's a deal really.. I simply suggested that keeping things as they were and charging an annual fee would be better received, and keep more sellers and buyers around.
    Nobody minds afew pennies to sell stuff. People eat paypal fees all the time. No biggie.

The golden pockets comment was a sideways joke.......I was teasing .......becasue it's obvious why you are being defensive, or rather were a couple days ago.....Initially, maybe you thought I was bitching because I didn't wanna pay a dollar to sell some junk......and you felt that we ( the whiners :) ) were somehow feeling like your fee wasn't justified....Thus the defensive behaviour, and the comments about people being cheap and the explanations (justifications) from you regarding your consumed bandwith and feeling of being used....... I said initially, because I think you may be seeing that I am not alone in the annual fee suggestion etc. MAny have mentioned that sites like Gixxxer.com etc do that, as do a few others I am on. If you didn't have your back up so much (cuz you thought we all thought you were trying to rip us off-but we don't), you'd have seen that days ago.... .And in fact, I don't think a fee is unreasonable at all. My only bitching was about the new site, and thinking that others may also dislike it, and traffic might dwindle. I was trying to appeal to your business sense, explaining that if others dislike it as well, and lower numbers end up surfing the new board, then advertisers might see less traffic and not want to pay to advertise on a site that may not get them the kind of exposure they had been accustomed to. I think you stand tyo make more money by leaving things as they were and coming up with a different method than the new site, that's all.

I get the fact that it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to run a series.....even the insurance alone is insane, so there were no insinuations from me.

Sincerely, the fucking idiot,LOL
    :P

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You make a golden pockets comment and yeah, I'm going to think you're bitching about fees.

So after all that you're just another change is bad person, got it.

As for business sense, if I had any I'd be in another profession where I could actually make money. Nothing done at WERA is with profit in mind. It's always been about paying the bills and nothing more.

19. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

hey sean after i put up a few ads, there were some ideas and concerns that i sent to rusty bc you're weren't accepting PMs and it didn't need to be posted publicly. just tryin' to help whether you want it or not :up:

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Come on Sean, tell them where the money will go. I mean besides paying the bills you have to pay ME. I'm a whore but I'm an EXPENSIVE whore. :D

Dave "the whore" K wants a Panerai and then an IWC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.