1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

Once again, I am NOT SAYING THAT IT WAS HOMOLOGATED, OR THAT YOSH DIDN'T CHEAT...

All that I am saying is that AMA/DMG majorly f*cked this process up. Many, many people think that they weren't treated fairly. Obviously Yosh either thinks so themselves or they think that enough people out there think so to justify issuing such scathing press releases as they have in an attempt to take this to the court of public opinion.

AMA/DMG finally did something right by calling a major factory team to the carpet and making an example out of them, but they screwed it up by creating even the mere appearance of impropriety in the process.

First, they didn't check all three cranks after VIR - they admitted that they only check Mladin's (after they did the valve check on all 3 bikes) because he came in first.

They did things in a seemingly more fair fashion in Road Atlanta with the side-cover check, followed by the qualifying DQ's of #6 and #22.

Then, they DQ #6's VIR results, but refuse to convene an appeal board after stating only that "the appeal was without merit." They stated why the crank was illegal (the evidence that it wasn't homologated), but they never stated why the Yosh appeal was "without merit."

The only thing that they would have had to do was say:

"Yosh claims that the lack of chamfering is from '...normal wear and polishing as permitted by AMA...' but that is obviously false because that much wear/polishing would make the crank unusable in its homologated form and with corollary homologated components, such as the crank case, bearings, etc. Therefore, we summarily reject their appeal."

What is so hard about that??? They didn't even have to go in to surface texture, color, markings, etc - that one thing would have been enough to justify the termination of the appeals process, but their PR is so piss-poor that they couldn't even bring the situation to a close properly. They apparently are interested in taking the NASCAR point of view of, "Because I said so, and there is nothing you can do about it, and if you challenge us we're going to punish you." I guarantee that Yosh has made their future lives miserable as AMA/DMG will remember this slight. Hopefully USSB will not be as political as DMG's series' seem to be.

2. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

Then why did you claim that Yosh's argument was that the crank wasn't performance enhancing instead of that the part was homologated?

3. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

The point is that Yosh WAS TRYING TO PROVE THAT THE CRANK WAS HOMOLOGATED - AMA/DMG might not have bought their argument (which they should not have, since it's total BS), but to simply say that the appeal won't be heard because it is without merit is just as bogus as Yosh saying that the crank is homologated.

Yosh got caught cheating, should take their medicine, and I'm glad for it - but if they filed an appeal then they have a right to know why it was denied.

Otherwise, if AMA/DMG thinks that they need not offer an explanation, then perhaps everyone is better off going to race USSB.

BTW, if you "don't see nothing wrong with it" then that means that you actually do see something wrong with it.

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

that is what they claim with falicon letter.

5. TWF2

so,why would you assemble appeal board when what they presented is total BS?:D

6. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

I'm getting tired of this...once again, because they didn't explain why they summarily deemed the appeal to be "without merit." They should have either stated that during the denial of the appeal or in a subsequent board hearing...but they did neither.

7. TWF2

about time :D

8. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

Where did they claim that? The Falicon report wasn't attached to the Yosh press release. Please post a link, because in the appeal Yosh did not claim that the reason that the appeal should be heard/approved was that the mods weren't performance enhancing - their claim was that the part was homologated.

In the report, they state, "This is further supported by the independent expert analysis complete [sic] by [Falicon]." They state that in reference to their claim that the crank was homologated, NOT in reference to any retort to a performance enhancement allegation.

So, to get back to my original question to you, if you actually read the appeal, why do you state that, in response to AMA/DMG's request for proof of homologation, Yosh provided proof only of non-performance enhancement?

Again, the Falicon report wasn't included with the Yosh press release so I haven't read it - please provide it if that is the basis for your claim.

As a side note, even if the Falicon report did address the performance enhancement issue, that is somewhat besides the point because the actual appeal document dealt with homologation issues, not with performance enhancement issues.

Regardless, the ball is in your court. You claimed that Yosh's appeal was rejected because they address performance enhancement and not homologation, and that therefore they deserved summary judgment against them. I've just demonstrated where that is patently false, that they did in fact address the issue of homologation. Please correct me if you can.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  9. TWF2

10. TWF2

11. TWF2

you can throw falicon letter in garbage.there is nothing there relevant that
    ama already did not figure themselfs.they have tools to measure and weight
    crank :)
    yosh letter claims cranks can be different in production,they made bunch of
    them in that period of time,they were installed in US bikes....but for some
    reason they can't find single crank as hard evidence other than those they
    have in their shop.
    there is shit load of needles in haystack,we just can't find it :)
    if you can't find one what is purpose of going in front of judge.what you
    going to say.
    "they asked for hard evidence but we don't have it.however you should trust
    us it is production because we say so,see here is picture of mold":)

12. kl3640

kl3640 Well-Known Member

How could I have missed that when I posted that up WAAAY back when? Did you actually READ what you just posted? Where in that document is the emphasis on performance enhancement? There isn't...it's all on homologated vs. non-homologated. I suggest that you actually read the Crank Appeal document.

Getting back to the Falicon report, if you read it, the doc states that the parts are identical. It does go on to further specify that there is no performance enhancement, but that is simply a clarification that any differences that are the result of normal use do not result in performance enhancing properties. Its focus is on the similarity (or lack of difference) between the #6 crank and the control sample.

I am going to stop responding to your posts in this thread because instead of taking facts, you're simply throwing out whatever sounds good to you. I'm sure that you believe it, and I'm not trying to insult you, but from my point of view you are not sticking to the issue at hand and when you do you are not supporting it with facts. You have made arguments that are blatantly counter to the facts at hand - simple things like, "Yosh argued performance enhancement when they were asked for evidence of homologation," which is just plain not true, which means that you either didn't read the docs or didn't comprehend them. Again, no insult intended, so please don't take it that way. You obviously have your viewpoint and are sticking to it, as is your prerogative, so please don't think that I am attacking your personally, because I am not.

Again, I'm not trying to insult you, but this has devolved from a debate in to an argument, so I'm through with it. Good luck to you on the track.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  13. TWF2

dude,what they presented was known before it was presented by both sides.
    ama did not ask for measurements,weight,falicon analysis...
    they asked for more of this cranks so they can compare them to Mladin's to confirm if they are production or not.that would be material needed for appeal board.without it there is no point arguing.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys are still talking about this shit?

15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

yep Hell it's not often i jump into the dungeon, i know my place in the world.

Did i give you a sufficient answer last night?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I said kit cranks not how many regular cranks but I honestly don't care this morning :D

17. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

This many

about 22 in the link below in FIG. 3 and FIG. 4 see im vwery vwery obzurbant!
    the #3 is part of that casting.

http://www.thecreativeworks.com/Crankshaft_Appeal.pdf

18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

So fucking Yosh cheated and Mel Harris probably knew about it and all 3 Yosh bikes probably used the cranks at one point or another?

Fuck.

I would like to buy the Brookland Bridge and some swampland in Florida, I have cash...........................anybody???

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I bet I can get 5 more pages out of it. :p

Psst, some of these guys are Dungeon rookies and wouldn't be able to tell what I was doing. :D