workplace retaliation question….

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Dec 20, 2022.

1. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Your move is to stop ruminating on what could/should/would and go make moves that advance you as a person and a professional.

Cut your ties cleanly and go be awesome elsewhere

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I do? I mean yeah for sure I use to. Things have been stable for about 4 years now since I last got out of jail.

mpusch, ungwaha and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I can say at my shop if you produce 2x as much as anyone else and come earlier and leave later, you would be highly desirable.

If you suddenly aren't highly desirable, what did you do to change that?

cav115 likes this.
  4. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Op isnt as valuable as he thinks he is.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lol... Ive had to sit through 2 hearings for unemployment claims from shit bags that should have been institutionalized. In both cases we had ~20 pages of problems documented and they still got 1 years salary. I kept asking the arbitrator if she was in the correct State...lol

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Or he is and that manager sucks and is going to cost his company money at which point a higher manager will try to hire him back.. It happens a lot in the automotive world and the commission world.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Whats the cycle time from estimating until work is assigned? Maybe you werent "on the list" for all the work they are handing out the last few days so maybe it takes a few days to get back in the system...so to speak.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No freaking way someone would pay a good employee to sit for 64 hours, waiting for their cycle to come up.

cav115 and 969 like this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

never said I was. I was stating what I put in.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’ve been telling myself this. I just left work and they did assign me one car before I clocked out to tear down in the morning. They could still just be giving me enough to cover the prevailing wage. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

so this is actually closer to the truth. They promoted one of the estimators to manager and he has no business in that position. He’s a good estimator but a manager he is not. The shop has had 10 months of operating losses. every metric is in the red. And it’s because estimators aren’t working hard enough and the techs cruise because to them 30 bucks an hour is good enough instead of busting out work and making money. Start time is 8am. I’m there by 7 opening up the shop and getting everything turned on. I’m working by 7:15-7:30. None of the other techs get there until after 8 and are pulling their puds until at least 9. No daily production meetings. Hour and a half lunches. It’s ridiculous. And I’m there with my headphones on just grinding away until recently that they aren’t giving me work upon my return.

If things don’t get better after the new year I’m going to put in for a transfer. As I said I love the company, this facility is just a shit show.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Maybe you could sue them for damages from constructive dismissal and find another job. Do consult with local lawyer before making your move and plan it intelligently.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't know what that means? Just take a casual look at what the other techs are working on and write it down.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

1. Document the first request and his/her response that you would be assigned work.

2. Ask a second time, this time via email citing your date of return, the date of your last request to be handed work, and his/her promise to schedule.

3. Request a meeting with the next person above your manager citing no work X amount of weeks despite the attached affirmation that you would be. Cite all the work that has been assigned to other techs and why you haven’t been assigned the work promised.

4. Take the job with the other company.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

they *cant delete the information. It’s all locked and stored by the software company they’re licensing from. it holds ALL the metrics. Including time locks, assigned labor, estimate hours. Activity logs, etc etc. everything.

16. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

How far out of the repairs booked???
    You just came back... Maybe these work orders were already assigned to the other techs while you were off???

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would wait awhile to see how things shake out and keep my mouth shut during that time.
    And make sure that my boss's boss sees me sitting around with nothing to do.

cortezmachine likes this.
  18. :stupid:

If you haven’t already done all of that ^, it is the first order of business.

If things do get ugly and/or you do end up getting a lawyer, you need documentation of everything that has (or hasn’t) happened.

Just being like “I used to get this and now I don’t and he is giving it to other guys” will just make you seem like a whineyass employee.

If you have handled things professionally, in writing, then you have a leg to stand on.

Razr and cortezmachine like this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

blow the whistle on this facility to the board/owners/shareholders, add your personal improvement plan to it and own the joint.

if they tryina f you, show them what getting fucked means.

SGVRider, Gorilla George and noles19 like this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Contemporaneous notes is the name of the game.

jksoft and Gorilla George like this.