workplace retaliation question….

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Dec 20, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The regional just told the manager forcefully to give me more work. Pretty sure that’s gonna create some bad blood.

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Never underestimate the ability of grown men to act like little pre teen bitches in the workplace. The things the guys I work with piss and moan about are beyond hilarious.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Went to a company Christmas party for the beach side region that my lady works in at top golf. The vice president for Southern California was there and pulled me aside, asked me what’s going on with my flags. I guess he keeps an eye on my metrics because I’m a producer. I judiciously explained that I’m not sure what’s going on but that I’ve only been assigned one car since I’ve been back. He proceeded to ask me all these questions about operations and issues with the facility to which I tried my best to explain without badmouthing anyone, even giving personal praise to my manager and other employees. Apparently he managed that same facility for like 20 years and it made double what’s it’s making now under his tenure.

he seemed… determined to fix it one way or the other…

beac83, Gino230, sheepofblue and 2 others like this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Good job, squeaky wheel. I'm proud of you. Seriously!

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

well I didn’t approach him. I was just there as my lady’s +1. But the moment he saw me he pulled me aside to talk.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

That's not it. The way you constructively handled the conversation was very professional. That is why I complimented you.

Me? I'd probably have the shop suffer an accidental fire that burns it to the ground. The task would be properly outsourced, of course.

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Ha, an older version of me would have done or said something stupid. My 4d chess game has upped in the last few years. I’m fucking digging in. I want to make regional one day. The reason I didn’t take the management position is because things aren’t bad enough yet for my regional to be open to making DRASTIC and compulsory changes to the processes and employee dynamics that in the shop via the manager. I figured that when it’s literally going down in flames and the new manager either quits or gets fired that that will be the time to have that conversation with the brass and throw my hat in. I’ve been trying to play the long game. It will also put me first in line for regional when I crack the whip and make it profitable from total red.

lightning97 likes this.
  8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Based on my read of the above, you covered for him, or at least didn't push him into the bus. Not sure of your relationship with the current manager at the shop you work at; you *may* want to give him a heads up that SoCalVP was asking about the shop and let him know the answers you gave.

He may appreciate the heads up and it could be a small bridge to getting more work in the interim.

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

So they finally started assigning me work because the regional forced him to. I’ve been keeping meticulous notes on every vehicle and adding them to the work file along with photos. today my manager came up to me and told me that I could no longer add notes to the files I told him that it had been approved by the regional and vice president for Southern California and that I was gonna do it no matter what. his response was to say that he would be eliminating my access to the program through a password change. I told him that was fine that I would just send my notes directly to corporate and include that he cut me off. He proceeded to ask me if I cared how that made him look (because of other people not doing their jobs, including him). Looks like a check mate to me.

The funny part is, I’m not even trying to make him look bad. I told him that I was only trying to cover my ass because things are in disarray and people are eventually going to start pointing fingers, and that I don’t want them pointed at me. I even offered to not put my notes in the file and proposed creating a spreadsheet that is only shared internally so we can track production in real time and figure out where all the bottlenecks are. He was not open to that idea so fuck em

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  10. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

More attention whoring.......

Weird.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I like to think of it as fishing for constructive advice :D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That’s like going to the oil change shop for your prostate exam…

cortezmachine, Itey and Sabre699 like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I could be down for that…

:D

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m not sure I’d call it workplace retaliation………but I just watched with my own eyes, a high profile lying sack of shit get canned for some seriously f*cked up lies he recently regurgitated on the telly. It was awesome.:flag:

R1M370 likes this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

<checks news>
    Biden? Schiff? Nadler? Nope, don't see anything. Back to work

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Dammit man…….leave out the names:D I tried for @auminer sake last night, but the damned old ass computer froze after 5 minutes :crackup:

auminer and brex like this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cool story, bro.... :D

Come on, you can tell us. No one is watching.

britx303 likes this.
  19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

we’re all liars. Some just get away with it.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good lord. Grown ass men are absolutely the biggest fucking whiners on the planet.

As frequently seen on this forum...

Razr and noles19 like this.