1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened between............

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Well done....:up:

2. squid52

squid52 Well-Known Member

That's wera rules...

3. Agreed

Permanently revoking it, i agree.

But temporarily, like the AMA did for Herrin and Seller, is absolutely warranted IMO. The things those two guys did werent even intentional. I mean, it wasnt like Seller or Herrin looked back, saw somebody and then pushed them off the track on purpose.

What they did was much easier classified as "racing incidents" with no malicious intent...but they were still suspended for a weekend.

4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

5. earacing

earacing Race Dad

This, more than anything. And I think most of these racers are good kids.

6. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

:bow::crackup:

7. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Do you need someone to talk to you?:D

8. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I had Benny PARK it in front of me 2 years ago. I heard from other people that had it happen to them. I had my jaw broken from the impact and lost a few teeth. He dragged me down the track for a little as well.

IMO there was no reason for it. His pace was far better than mine and he didn't need the line to make the turn.

Maybe someone on his level was getting tired of his stuff.

Glad no one was hurt.

9. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

If all that was involved was the bumming in the turn, I'd call it an aggresive racing incident that probably ought not be repeated.

But with the intentional slow down on the straight, looking back for the other rider, THEN the bumping... followed by the comments posted by the offender on his facebook...

I'd expect to see a suspension of some sorts! But I don't run the show...

:Pop:

10. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

You can't argue with the video: looking over your shoulder, slowing down so someone can pass you, then punting them off the track at the next turn definitely does not fall under the category of 'race incident'. The follow up facebook posts also kind of prove the point as well...And to say they are teenagers and had a moment or whatever is inexcusable, what happens when he does it again and takes someone out?

And the dad acting like a chump in the pits is just icing on the cake, guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

tophr tried to do that shit to me at GNF a few years ago....and i was all....no way dude....and he was all.....oh yeah, this is happenin bro....so i let him go and he lowsided in T6.

s'up chris? :)

12. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Neither of them hit the ground.

Let the racer's race...

13. Dave_SV

You can't be serious, dude turned around and waited to get passed them dives underneath to push another rider off the track. What would someone have to do for it to be a non-racing incident in your opinion? If it wasn't so blatant that the rider in front purposely slowed down just to get a chance to run someone else into the dirt then yeah I would agree but that's not the case here.

14. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Best post of the entire thread.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Can't wait 'til the pirate lady brings this thread to its knees tomorrow, with one, simple post.

16. Dave_SV

I just want to get some tips on how to punt my competition off the track this season and have people defend me on the BBS :D

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

That is called "Body English". I think that part was pretty much un related.

Really? Comparing this to stabbing, shootings, a "hostile environment" and violent criminals in need of armed cops protecting the innocent people from them?

You cant be serious :rolleyes:

I still disagree with that. It is body english. Part of making a bike handle sometimes.

I DO think the contact was too much.

We dont know why he slowed. It certainly seems it was for "payback", but it also could have been as one outlet suggested he thought he passed under a yellow and was trying to give it back.

Btu his facebook posts certainly are not helping his cause.

18. squid52

squid52 Well-Known Member

19. goose705

goose705 Well-Known Member

to true Dave, to true

Sticky this post for all the hypocrites!!!

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

John,
    You were the first person I thought of when I read this! I remember you being stuck in his swing arm and he quickly dispatched you and continued on... Btw-How u been?

Ride safe,
    AAron