WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

List item 2

previous reace entry

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:timeforabeer: AWESOME!!!!!

If I win, I should probably come up and drink it onsite, and get a tour of your cool meat aging area, beer brewing area, and whatever other neatness you have going on up there. :bow:

Excellent point I hadn't even thought of.

3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer option A from a competition perspective but think B will be easier for whoever is running the show. If only 2 rounds is viable then that's my vote.

4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Between those 2 options I vote option #1

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Despite the latest vote, it appears Option B has it. Thanks for thinking of me, folks. :beer:
    Latest list of paid players stands at 21:
    • chemguy
    • IronCactus
    • Kramerica
    • Chris
    • Dan Dubeau
    • motorkas
    • SuddenBraking
    • Phl218
    • Greenhound386
    • The Director46
    • 72westie
    • Quicktoy
    • Chino52405
    • sbk1198
    • ScottyRock155
    • backbone
    • dsapsis
    • Rob Linders
    • Badmoon
    • crazymofo
    • sidepipe79
    Now, if this pesky infectious agent (not to be confused with an actual independent biological organism capable of replication in a petri dish) would get on with running its course, we may get to see some racing.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So Ive been ummm...'unavailable' for a few days now.

Where do we stand on this app thing?

I know the racing may not ever happen but whats the latest?

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Once it became clear the season was not starting on schedule, I put it on the side burner for a bit. I'll be getting back to it and will be reporting back here in a week or so. It looks like we are now at May 3 for the start of the season. I sure as hell hope we are racing by then.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Jksoft paid some mad scientist to break out a virus since his programming got delayed and now we have this mess

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. dsapsis

Without going into speculative territory about either the biological or social resonses associated with the pandemic, it is pretty clear a lasting disruption to the MotoGP calendar is on the horizon. With races postponed at least until the first European round in Jerez, and it close the epicenter of spread in Europe making it and other early Euro-rounds suspect, I want to offer up $ deposit refunds for anyone who wants to beg off the game, either temporarily for good this year. If you want the money to stay held in trust up until some point where the season is cancelled, that is cool too. Just let me know if you do want a refund, and I will push the monies back your way, and when and if races appear to likely, we will all regather and try to get this thing going again. Best wishes to everyone.

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Heck no :)

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Based on last years performance I already wrote that $60 ($327 cdn) off as a loss anyway :). You can hang on to my money for the time being, until the decision to scrap the year has been made, or we figure out a long term plan for the game. Until then it's probably just easiest to keep it.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

leave it be and if it comes to being just 5 rounds this year, so be it..

sbk1198 likes this.
  14. dsapsis

That would actually up the ante and probably have almost everyone in play for the 'ship. Doing a little math, with 23 players and 20 bucks per player in the weekly game and only 5 races, we are looking at 92 bucks for each race. We need something to brighten the news, so let's run with it. :beer:

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That would be a nice payday. Might even be enough to buy a roll of tp.

sbk1198 likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm in, if you'll allow me to :)

17. dsapsis

BB! Good to see you clucking. :beer:
    With the recent posting of the schedule (everyone: that's pronounced "shedule") it got me thinking the game may yet happen.
    You are more than welcome to play with the rest of us goons. jk and I need to get together to test the app, but with a mid july start we have some time.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

"Shedjool".

BigBird likes this.
  19. dsapsis

^^^^^way better!

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

payment sent...looking for the MM93 repeat or Rossi in the early days :D