WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good to see you back on here

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thanks!

good to be back :) I've realized the beeb is a much saner place than the folks on the facetubes and such. Who would've thought that?

Quicktoy and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Received.
    This board could use some good ol' GP smacktalk. Did you seen what my boy Oliveira did to those poor fellow Portugeuses? He will put that KTM on the box before Asperagus2!

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean in a wet race anything is possible. :Poke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Hell ya. Big bird’s back. Sweet

BigBird likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Soooo when we doing a practice run?

BigBird likes this.
  7. dsapsis

Just getting back from no man’s land. Will get with jk and try to set up a test for next week.

Phl218, BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  8. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I am soo excited to finally get going on this.

BigBird likes this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

IS this on the motogp website and what is the buy in?

10. dsapsis

No. $60.

11. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

How are we getting picks in again?

12. dsapsis

I have PM'ed jksoft who was developing a one-off application where each player, unique to their sign-in, submitted picks and stored them, then after submission of actual race results spit out all the relevant scoring and tabulation. At least that was the idea. Hope to hear from him soon. We have last year's poll software based system as a back up. Again, I hope to have a test race this weekend or next at the latest so everyone is familiar with how entries work, and we can validate it is working to plan. The test race will serve an actual game related element in the case of no picks for race one as well. Since the group decided that in the case of a race with no picks made, the player's last race picks would be used. Since there is no previous race to the first race, the test race picks will be used. So...pick wisely.

We have one other thing to settle on and that is dispensation of the individual race winner share. When it was a full season we were going to payout based on n players/m races * $20. We can still use that same formula, which with a total of 13 (currently on calendar) races, that would mean (24/13)*20 = $36.92 for each individual race winner.

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

how about we make it $30/race. Easy accounting :)

And yeah, if we need to use the setup similar system to last year, that can be done too.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. dsapsis

I was going to write ~$37 because we damn sure aren't carrying pennies in this thing. :beer:

I am ok with 30, 35, whatever. Remember, this sub-bet was mostly to keep people interested in playing hard even though they were out of the 'ship (and all players influence the top players, regardless). I think its a good improvement.

BigBird likes this.
  15. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I vote $30.

BigBird likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

$35 just because it's closer to the exact number :)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

I'm back bois

Since we're doing $60, have you taken inventory of what everyone owes? I think I only sent you $50 back in Feb....

18. dsapsis

No I haven't (I will double check) but I do know that one fine gentleman (who will remain nameless) sent me a deposit far in excess of buy-in, insisting I get myself something nice for herding the cats, and was resolute he wouldn't take it back...Gotta figure an appropriate use -- maybe a Sacko Trophy!

19. Quicktoy

Getting excited :)

BigBird likes this.
  20. dsapsis

Here is the list of confirmed players who have deposited buy-ins:

1. 72westie
    2. backbone
    3. Badmoon
    4. Bigbird
    5. chemguy
    6. Chino52405
    7. Chris
    8. crazymofo
    9. Dan Dubeau
    10. dsapsis
    11. Greenhound386
    12. IronCactus
    13. jksoft
    14. Kramerica
    15. motorkas
    16. Phl218
    17. Quicktoy
    18. Rob Linders
    19. sbk1198
    20. ScottyRock155
    21. sidepipe79
    22. SuddenBraking
    23. The Director46
    Look for a message here soon about logging on to site and setting up a password. This involves messages to your submitted email address, so running off last years experience we may run into some spam filtering, but we will get it sorted. Once we have everyone in the system, we will run a test drive mock race soon. Practice for Jerez starts Friday. Damn that was a long off-season.

crazymofo, Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.