WERA-hosted Superbike Shootout on TV Thursday!

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, Jun 5, 2014.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I may be way behind the game here...
    Is it showing on Dish?

2. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Yes, channel 248.

3. backbone

backbone scarred for life

:beer::beer::beer::stupid::stupid::stupid:

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm watching it now. Love it. It has a real old school 90's GP type feel to it.

5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Very cool intro. Found it to record on the 12th! Nice work everyone!

6. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

It was a good show,five more to go.

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This was a great show.

Good racing, well produced. As good or better than the old speed TV shows.

A few more camera angles, and an upgrade to HD, and the AMA is in big trouble. Not that they're not in trouble already.

Congrats to all of those who I'm sure worked hard to make this happen.

The whole sport thanks you!

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Missed today, but just set the dvr to record the series ... Can't wait!!

9. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Actually that's show #2 from Fontana, Sportbike. Today's was show #1 from Fontana, Superbike.

10. John29

Crew included SPEED refugees. They were happy to work on a motorcycle show again.

11. John29

I am really happy with how it turned out!

12. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

John29.......I to am very pleased the races went well and the TV coverage was very good

Thanks to all who helped make this happen

2015 is going to be interesting what with WERA Pro and Dorna and if this West Coast series continues or even expands

13. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Nice WERA plug too. Great stuff!

VERY well done John.

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering for years why AMA races didn't have onboard cameras, it was nice to see them back finally. With some better video quality and someone other than Greg White it would be perfect. Nice job.

And I'm sure this has been addressed in other threads since that race is over a month old, but why no blue flags? Those two really fucked up that race.

15. BigHeadzDC

Because it's He Who Shall Not Be Named. Perhaps he is color blind to the blue spectrum, because he never sees the damn blue flags!

16. BigHeadzDC

What's with the Greg White hate? I think he does a solid job honestly.

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I don't hate him, I just think he's a shitty commentator and I don't get why people who aren't good at their job keep getting hired. There has to be a professional announcer somewhere in this country that needs work.

Not trying to make it a Greg White thread though, I'm just happy that we are able to watch these guys race, I don't care who I have to listen to.

18. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Awesome work John! Caught the second showing at 4pm and really enjoyed seeing those guys on the tube again. Enjoyed the onboard footage and the variety of angles around the track. I didn't have a problem with the commentators and thought they actually did pretty well. Not going to complain about not having HD either as I'm just glad to have coverage on the television so I will take anything I can get and thought this was well run and put together! Big :up: looking forward to more!

19. And indeed yoiu should be, great effort by all involved.

20. Chip

Chip Registered

Just watched it. Excellent coverage! Really liked the Millennium Technologies starting grid and the Millennium Technologies commercial.

Great job John29.