1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Carolina Motorsports Park?

Discussion in 'General' started by IL8APEX, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

This sounds a lot like Chuckwalla, in the middle of nowhere and far from a hospital. When I left in 2018 it wasn’t completely built out yet. The track itself was great, but that’s it.

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Did you know that Colorado has sand dunes? Strange to see with the Rockies in the background.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Carolina Motorsports Park is a race track located in Kershaw, South Carolina, and is a popular venue for motorcycle and car racing events. The track is known for its challenging layout and technical sections, and is considered a favorite among many racers and track enthusiasts.

Some common comments about Carolina Motorsports Park include praise for the track's well-maintained surface, the variety of track configurations available, and the facilities offered on site, such as the skidpad and karting track. However, some individuals have also criticized the track for its distance from major population centers and limited on-site amenities.

Overall, Carolina Motorsports Park has a positive reputation among many racers and track enthusiasts, and is considered a challenging and enjoyable venue for motorsports events.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I wasn't asking ChatGPT!

motion likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh great, another stupid ass internet bullshit thing I'll have to ban because some people just can't stop themselves...

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Artificial Intelligence or Actual Ignorance?

pfhenry likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

8. Personally, I like the layout except for T1.

I like a T1’s that is relatively fast. Road Atlanta, Barber, Tally, Roebling, Jennings, Nashville, all super fun T1’s.

I hate the T1’s at VIR and CMP.

I do have to say that T9 at CMP is one of my most fav corners of all time.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Have you ever experienced Dead Bear @ Putnam Chris? That would have to be mine...

Kev59 likes this.
  10. Nope, never been to Putnam.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You should ask Mongo if WERA can get a date there.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LOL

13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn! Interesting to hear how low you rank it. I've been to 22 tracks and I'd rank CMP around 10-12th...ish. I compare it a lot with Roebling because the paddock is so similar. The track is more fun than Roebling but the bathrooms/showers are garbage. I do like that you can reserve RV spots with 30A power. It is a bit pricey as far as electric and gate fee for what it is. Most tracks are far from civilization. CMP is within 15 minutes of 2 towns so not that bad.

14. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Exactly right
    I did a track day there in a mostly stock SV before I started racing in 2001.
    Ran off of the track at speed….take that in context…and played desert racer until using the other side of a shallow dry stream bed to use as a berm and go back to the pavement. So I kinda liked the sand. BTW nobody noticed my “off” and I went back out in the next session with nary a word.
    I have had much worse results running off of other tracks. You results may vary.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i've been 3-4 times now and i hate it slightly less. it's a fair comparison to Roebling, but i rank Roebling much higher over all. Roebling i believe is $25/day for 30a and has a high gate fee. but at least it was repaved last year and you're 15-20 mins from downtown savannah and all the stores if you forgot to pack something. Roebling doesnt have any of those "gotcha's" that CMP has like the kink sending people off to the helicopter, or dirt in T1, or a super awkward T14. CMP just really blows in my mind. they dont even have fuel options there, but neither does RRR at the moment.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

CMP has a whole gas station?

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

So you think Barber has a fast T1 and CMP doesn't??? Which direction were you going?

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm with broome here and curious how you consider cmp turn one fast..

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Probably comes down to what we're riding

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The endurance last year was busy. I didn't stick around for sprint races but plan to this year. How was the sprint turnout last year after the Friday endurance?

To the OP: Pavement is now great. Layout gives many passing options so that's a big plus IMO. I think the facilities are great and garage rental cost is reasonable especially if you split the cost with a couple other riders. Yea, it's flat and I like elevation changes but that is a plus for those you bring with you because they can easily see a lot of the track/action.