1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The rich need to pay

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Jul 17, 2018.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

their fair share. I think if you paid $10,000 or more in state taxes I would go out on a limb to say you make pretty dam good money your not poor. Yet you sue Trump because he unfairly targets high income earners by capping state deductions at $10,000.

So he raised taxes on the rich so that they can pay their fair share. So the left is mad and no longer want the rich to pay their fair share?? I’m sorry but this is why people think you got mental issues on that side.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/4-blue-states-sue-Washington-over-GOP-tax-overhaul-488396511.html

XFBO and blkduc like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That is 10000 bucks that isn't going to provide JOBS for those lazy fucks that DON'T (read WON'T) step up to the plate and make more money.

Why, exactly, should we send it to the government to piss it away on people too damn lazy to do for themselves?

[​IMG]

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I thought taxes are good for you.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why do these putzes always want "the rich to pay" for everything. It truly is reminiscent of a spoiled/entitled child that needs mommy and daddy to bail them out of all their stupid and irresponsible decisions.

How about you go get a job and buy yourself those new sneakers or that car you wanted when you get your license (metaphorically speaking).

K51000, sheepofblue and Kyle Brosius like this.
  5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think Trump’s policy is a way to get blue states to lower their state taxes. The Federal government has been picking up the tab with state deductions for too long.

XFBO and R Acree like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This forum seems to be heavily populated with individuals that seem to think that anyone that is working hard to make ends meet is actually a lazy fucker that just wants somebody to give them a hand out. Most of these people do have jobs. Have you seen the statistics on what it takes for a 20 something person to be able to purchase insurance, lodging etc compared to what people like myself (almost 60) had to pay when we were their age. The difference is astronomical. Then compare what CEO's were paid as a percentage to rank and file 30 years ago and compare it now. It's just a fucking joke.

You know what the bigger joke is...when these so-called wunderkind CEO's, CMO's, CFO's fail, they get paid off!! It just happened at my wife's company...you fail, here's your parachute.

This country is being fucked in the ass by the 1%'ers and the majority here say (with their fingers in their noses)..."huh,huh,huh...they earned it"! They didn't earn a good damn thing, it's all the good old boy network.

I'll be the first to admit, I came from privilege growing up. I went to private schools, belonged to fancy high school fraternities, attended debutante parties and participated in cotillion. I partied with the children of the founders of Humana and Brown Forman. My father wasn't rich, but he was connected so I snuck in the back door so to speak. And I witnessed first hand how this group lives. I still see these people today...worthless fuckers. They're what we call Trustafarians, never worked a fucking day in their life.

These are the majority of the rich that I know. And you wantto defend these people over the hard working kid making minimum wage. And before you go on that this is just a small percentage of the rich, you'd be shocked at the truth.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Look at what Joe Montana got paid 30 years ago and look what Kirk Cousins just signed for with Minnesota.

Look what Leabron just signed for versus what Magic got from the Lakers.

Dude. Get over it. The past is the past. We will pay a QB stupid money to toss a football but you wanna bitch about what we pay an exec that makes desisions that steer the future of a billion dollar enterprise? Yes. They earned it. They earn it by shouldering that responsibility. They get the best deal they can just like everyone else. They get a parachute because if they fail there’s a chance because they’re taking the fall for the company’s failures and may never get another opportunity. NFL players make all they money they can when they can because their career is very finite. By 30 they may be done. So the money they earn has to last or be the foundation for their future. Why are they demonized?

I work for a publicly traded company. Our stock has tripled in the 5 years I’ve been with the company. I am a shareholder. Whatever they pay our CEO, he’s worth it.

Kyle Brosius and XFBO like this.
  8. StaccatoFan

And I’d venture to guess this forum is populated by people that work to make end meet. That are tired of the money they earn being taken from them in the form of taxes and given to lazy fucks in social programs put in place by Democrats.

GixxerBlade, K51000, brex and 2 others like this.
  9. rd400racer

Trust me, as soon as I finished typing my diatribe I figured the first comment I'd get was "jealous much?!" Yours wasn't far from that.

I get what you're saying about the athletes...that's a whole other subject. Let's take this guy that just got fired from my wife's company. 35 years old, was a middle manager at another huge company but knew the CEO of her company so he was hired as the CMO complete with a package. Never held this position before. In one year he wrecked the company, destroyed the stock value and plunged the company into an abyss. So he was fired and collected his parachute. This is modern business?!! Oh, and cost us 10's of thousand 's of dollars in lost share prices.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I was on board until this gem.

I have seen hundreds of failed CEO's and they always, always, fail upward.

My CEO makes $700k per year plus stock for a total yearly comp package of $2.5mil. He is worth every penny since when he started we were emerging from bankruptcy and now we are on the verge of becoming a billion dollar company with average margins around 60%. His direction and strategy took us there.

Point is, some are good and some are bad. Agreeing to comp them, fail or not, is bullshit.

11. rd400racer

I don't have time to research now but I'd like to when I get the chance...what the actual amount and percentage is of the people in the category you mentioned. I've have a sneaking suspicion it's incredibly low. But hey, it makes for great conversation. Same as the percentage of illegal immigrants that's actually causing any issues coming into the US...I'd venture to say that is about .000001%

But you have to have something to get fired up about, right!

12. rd400racer

Classic Peter Principle. The individual in my anecdote, he went on to be the CMO at another well known company within weeks of being fired. I wish I could give specifics but I'm not jeopardizing my cash cow (my wife!). The stories would boggle your mind.

13. StaccatoFan

Note I said “may never” didn’t say that was stamped in stone.

And whether any of us like it or not. The parachute is in the deal. It’s in the salary negotiations. The Board wants someone as CEO that’s what the market dictates.

I have Ravens season tickets. Flacco isn’t worth $20 million a year. But that’s what the market supports for a starting QB.

And rd400 the comp from QBs to CEOs is absolutely the same. They both make decisions that determine success or failure for the team. The ball is in their hands on every play.

14. rd400racer

Don't get me wrong, I realize there are superstar CEO's the same as athletes. Jack Welch increased the value of GE 4,000% during his tenure and earned the $400+ million dollar severance he received. But they are as rare as a Montana or LeBron and should be compensated accordingly.

15. rd400racer

And like you said, right or wrong...but goddammit it pisses me off! At least when an athlete get's a big payout when they turn pro, they typically did something pretty special as a rookie to at least serve as a benchmark to the payment. But a rookie person in business that was no more than an middle manager to be suddenly thrust into CFO status along with a parachute; I'm sorry, that's just not good business.

16. Fonda Dix

The latest data I can find says that about 35% of Americans receive some form of government assistance, 15% use food stamps, 26% on medicaid, California has the highest number of recipients. The data is old tough (2012). It could be lower, or higher, now.

17. rd400racer

Very interesting. Thank you for the research. The food stamp and Medicaid don't surprise me but the 35% assistance does. It would be interesting to see what that assistance is.

Look, I don't like it anymore than the next guy. I just like to know exact figures so intelligent conversation can take place instead of generalizations (which I'm guilty of at times too).

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So the most populous state has the most recipients? Yawn. If they have the highest percentage, that would be something to talk about.

This 2015 report says 21.3%:
    https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html

You could look at it another way and say anyone that drives or rides on a road that is at least partially funded by the Federal Government is getting government aid. Yes, I am being a bit silly with this, but we all get benefits from the Federal Government (defense, roads even if you don't drive still carry supplies and food, etc.).

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And not everyone pays the same for said benefits.

20. Fonda Dix

To clarify, I dont have a problem with any CITIZEN receiving benefits. That is part of American exceptionalism in my book.

However, nothing should be offered to non-citizens but a jail cell and a ride back to their shit hole. YMMV.

And the old data I can find says Louisiana has the highest percentage of assistance. I am not surprised.

K51000 and TurboBlew like this.