1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The shifter carts would be entertaining but I think it would improve the series everywhere if the cars were shorter than a school bus...

CBRRRRR999 and brex like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Speaking of Vegas, just got back from a few days down there. I still don't see how the layout will be anything but a shit show.
    They paved the south side of Sands up to the intersection with the Blvd, but the sphere still isn't complete, nor are the parking lot or road to be used into the lot, around the sphere and onto Sands. The new pavement has a nice new application of Botts' dots as well. I'm sure they will get scraped off, leaving some nice shitty pavement spots.
    Koval is still garbage, and the Blvd itself still one of the worst conglomerates of pavement patches you could ever find.
    Harmon hasn't been touched either. They still plan to top pave it all before the race, but fresh pavement sitting in the desert sun without time to fully cure only to be raced on by F1 cars?
    Sure, makes sense.
    But when all they really care about is the money it will generate, this is what happens.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That would be LeClercs only chance at a win.
    Miami is a much better example of a racetrack than this thing.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Meh, I do not consider cars slipping around the track doing 10mph on slicks in the rain, that compelling. Verstappen had a 20 some second lead before the rain and a 19 second lead after everyone switched tires. Yes, yes something could have happened, but other than Perez no one in contention had a problem. :D

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Speak for yourself. Add a rear handbrake and throw Loeb in one and watch the fun begin.

BTW and I’m seriously not making this up. I mistyped Loeb the first time and Siri autocorrected to alien.

Razr likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

I hope the race is entertaining to watch on TV, but really hope the in person experience that the new to F1, only care because it’s trendy and want to be seen crowd get, makes the Fyre festival look like 5 star treatment. I’d say glad they wasted their $10k+ on a shitty VIP package but to some of those people that’s like blowing $5 on a scratch off

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Say what? The place is packed with "celebrities." Every year, the race takes place the day after the closing ceremony of the Cannes film Festival. You may not recognize them because the proportion of Americans is diluted, but it is a celebrity event.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea there are lots of celebrities at every F1 race.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I did specify idiot Hollywood celebrities. I do not know enough about most of the European celebrities to actively dislike them. I am sure that with time and exposure to them they would come to inhabit the same place in my heart as most of the Hollywood ones but since I do not know who they are they seem less douchetastic to me.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Lots of Euro athletes

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No… Max will win… again.

14. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

So Max isn't earning his wins?
    It's amazing the preferential treatment the current "best" driver receives. In Max's case, I think the team cries and wins. With Benz, it was more Lewis crying.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A Haas car in Q3 again? What's up with Hulkenberg?

17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

They can't define what a woman is, but they sure want to completely pack the pre-race show with women.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Do you people just watch things to bitch about them? Lol. Here we go!

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sadly….most do.

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well the Strolls have at least one benefit. They have fully neutered Alonso which is pleasant