1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Over the season Mick has gained 12 points, where Mag has gained 25. Teams like more points over a season. Mick's highest finish this year was a single 6th place, and one other top 10 finish. Kevin has placed 5th, once, and gathered 5 other top 10 finishes.

evakat likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

How dare you darken the door with that term. They were called ChampCars, or CART cars.

DrA5 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That pole was a lucky fluke as evidenced by how quickly he dropped down after the green flag!

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

CART was the awesome years, by the time it was ChampCar I thought open wheel was dead in the US. IRL and ChampCar both sucked.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You probably wasn't born yet :D

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I agree, and Newman/Hass led the way. Their list of driver was awesome, both Andrettis, Mansell, Tracy, Bourdais...forgeting a bunch

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Bourdais hit it at an odd time, switching to Champ Car winning 4 consecutive.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Vettel killed his career over here. He rebounded well in America.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

FYI - There is no rule that states the Hamilton was obliged to give room and allow Max to pass when Max was clearly not in front of him. Max hit and pushed Hamilton off the track and then after using Hamilton as a berm still doesn't make the corner. The line and speed with which Max entered that corner he would've run wide without Hamilton being there. There was no amount of room Hamilton could've given Max to avoid contact unless Hamilton had just driven off the track without contact. To me, that would indicate the contact was caused by Max. Does anyone really think if Hamilton had given him all the room he could, that Max would have left Hamilton any room on the exit of turn 2 and/or around turn 3 if they were side by side. I don't and I'm betting when there was any eventual contact and Max was then slightly in front of Hamilton, Max would be on the radio complaining about how Hamilton is an idiot and should've backed out to avoid contact.

It is funny though that you celebrate Max's aggression but in this case feel Hamilton should have yielded to Max while being physically farther down the track than Max was. Maybe everyone should just pull over and let Max by. I mean again, after Abu Dhabi 2021

ungwaha likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Liked like Lewis moved over to the right slightly, Max was almost even with him. Both of them went for it.

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

The HAAS is a much better car in the damp/wet relative to the others. Look at other practices that were run in the wet, and you'll see the HAAS much higher up. No fluke about him taking pole. How many others were right behind him during the start of Q3? 7-8 cars. They all had their chance, and came up short.

I was just hoping the race(s) were going to be wet.

Razr likes this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

What series was that? I read some article in the early 2000’s about Bourdais and it made it seem like he was the next big thing. I didn’t follow international racing much at the time though.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

'
    It didn't help when he stalled his car on the grid when starting in 3rd? right behind Vettel on pole. I believe that was Vettel's first win.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I believe it was around 2007? Only a 2 year stint in F1. He has won a bunch of races, Lemans, Daytona, Sebring.

cBJr likes this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You’re clearing forgetting what happened…track was wet but then completely dry and he was the first one on track when it dried…set a lap time and then it was red flagged due to a crash and then it poured which meant no one could possibly top his time in the wet.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Indeed I wasn't

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I quoted the rule in this response.

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/the-formula-one-thread.313505/page-431#post-6043187

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Ah, I see they were teammates. From his wiki page, it seems like he was the 3rd fastest Sebastian at Toro Rosso in 2008/2009:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sébastien_Bourdais

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

F1 at Toro Rosso.