The End of F1? What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Par, Jun 19, 2009.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand. If they buy out the series, why would they have to deal with the FIA?

2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I didn't mean the cars...I meant all the ancillary things needed to race.

3. H8R

They wouldn't. They would have to self govern themselves.

I could see Sir Jackie Stewart playing a role. He is the one who spearheaded safety more then 30 years ago.

4. H8R

I am really looking forward to Max (better known as "Spanky" due to his sexual proclivities) finally getting his head handed to him.

I'm with FOTA on this all the way, and for all the right reasons. (inovation through competition).

Does the FIA seriously believe they can take on Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault as a collective whole in the courts? Or is this just Spanky on the offensive after getting his ass handed to him on a plate?

I highly suspect the latter.

I also hope that FOTA is as united as they are appearing to the press, the FIA has totally fucked the WRC over and will do the same the F1 if permitted.

5. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

what i meant was that a1gp, as it currently sits (privately owned), is sanctioned by the fia.

i suppose they could buy out the entire championship and take it completely private with no fia sanction.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My world....welcome to it, geezer.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

8. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

You might as well add every track in Italy to that list. Where Ferrari goes, they go.

9. Game

Game zip tie master

I went for the first time in 1995 First time the F1 came since like 82, i still remember thinking the fake RC Airplanes where real airplanes. lol- I was 5. Last race was 1998... I remember bc Michael won.

Carlos is into politics in argentina...

There's some interesting talks going on..

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g29s2ny6eUrf5Vo8aVC3qoAe0KpQ

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Part of it to .Went to my first grand prix in 76 at the glen!!

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

mosport

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Haven't followed F1 hardcore in years, since they went to grooved tires to be exact.

Anybody want to give me the readers digest version?

13. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

14. H8R

1968 Watkins Glen....I was two. Made it to every US F1 race until they stopped in 1980....and yes I was there for Gilles Villeneuve's rain race in 1979. We were in the Paddock above the Renault pits.

Gilles drive even today still gives me chills when I think about it. His Ferrari screaming and all crossed up with giant rooster tails coming off the back. At one point he was close to 12 seconds a lap faster....I think the actual number ended up being lower. We walked down and the Ferrari pits was incredulous with Gilles pace....there was a reason why Enzo loved him.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

So the teams are pissed off because they governing body is trying to make them spend less money?

Only in F1. :D

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

you got to see some great legends race!

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't understand how the FOTA will be considered a rival series. Doesn't there need to be competition in order for it to be called a rivalry? Force, Williams, USF1, Campos and Manor will be no competition for the rest as far as the ability to draw a crowd and sponsors. Max will have to back down in order to keep the current state of the series.

18. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

I miss the F1 from the early 90,s.Very fast cars.Sparks flying everywhere and wings so sharp they would slice you hand.And a tire or two.

19. APPI

APPI Well-Known Member

How many cars does Ferrari sell a year. If they're currently spending more than 110 Euros, about 150 Million or so, in racing alone, they must be selling way more cars than I could imagine.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Amen brother.

Senna, Prost, Berger, Alessi, Mansell and the Co.

Days of active suspension, ABD, TC, run what you brought type attitude. 3.5 liter whatever.

Then they start trying to cut costs and slow the things down and now we're spending twice as much anyways. Excellent. :D