1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of F1? What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Par, Jun 19, 2009.

1. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Looked what has happed to open wheeled racing in the US...

Look at the Motorcycle Road racing in the US...

I have a feeling its going to get ugly and never be the same.

2. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I don't see how it couldn't happen. Forcing teams to abide by £40M budget w/out the team's approval has got to be the dumbest thing Max has done since he put on that Nazi custome. If the FIA boot him out and get someone with a little diplomacy then this can be fixed. With him in his current post I don't think F1 has a chance.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't see how they would have a championship running by 2010.

They'll find a way to make it work with the FIM.

4. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

I agree get rid of Max. They need to come to an agreement or it will get ugly.

Those guys who run F1 are a bunch or wierdos, do you get mental when you earn that much money?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If it leaves Max and Bernie sucking on a turd, I'm all for the break away series. Won't happen though, there will be peace.

6. Game

Game zip tie master

Formula one is there to stay. 3 new teams signed up for next year. I mean who cares about Ferrari they only run top 10 every once in a while +P

7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

this year maybe...
    Monaco promoter has said no Ferrari,no f1 race
    the loons running and gutting F1 remind of some other loons...

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh gawd, I didn't think I would ever say that to anyone but I have been watching Formula One longer than you have been alive, and you have no idea how important Ferrari is to the championship.

This must be what being old feels like. :D

9. Game

Game zip tie master

Yeah so important that they cheated for a few years and no one does crap.. nice.

Remember what just recently came out? Ferrari having a seat and "bending" the rules in f1 to their advantage... yea thats cheating.

10. Game

Game zip tie master

Important yes. Tell me tho where will ferrari will go? Europeans follow F1 NOT ferrari.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Again, spoken like a teenager. Even in the early 1980s, when they couldn't win anything, they had the power to get anything they wanted from the Federation.

Did you know that they get a larger share of the revenue than the other teams because have a special deal? Why do you think that is?

12. Game

Game zip tie master

Puma gear :D

13. Game

Game zip tie master

Ferrari wont leave F1 and the 40 Mil is BS. Winning teams spend in average 400 or so million in a season. How can they cut it so much ...

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Europeans watch real F1
    they prolly wont care for a dumbed down spec series
    and...have you ever even watched an F1 race?
    ever noticed what color dominates most of the grandstand shots?
    along with the sea of prancing horse flags?

15. Game

Game zip tie master

I've attended many. The fan base is essentially to F1 and not Ferrari, out of the teams Ferrari has the biggest fan base. Ferrari wont leave, they just wont. The premier racing league is just that "the premier".

16. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

FOTA could buy "A1GP" and have a complete running system.

There are so many tracks that Bernie and Max have pissed off that would love a race, or tracks that could put on a good show but are unwilling to pay the ridiculous fees....and then there is some of the current A1GP tracks

Here's a quick list off the top of my head:

Portugal portimiro
    S Africa kyalami
    UK silverstone
    Australia surfers paradise
    Mexico Mexico City
    US Indy
    US laguna Seca
    Canada Montreal

17. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

they would have to scrap the entire a1gp system, including the ferrari spec engines, to make that happen.

18. Game

Game zip tie master

I saw a few in Argentina, hey maybe they can run that one again too !

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or they could make it the support class.

When was the last time they had one over there? I can't even remember.

Is Carlos Reuteman still a big name back home nowadays?

20. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

true.. but they'd also be in the same situation of dealing with the fia...