1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Electric Car Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

EV or hybrid.

What do you have, how long have you had it and how much tail has it gotten you?

Who is buying one?

Never gave it much thought until I rented a new Prius out of town. I liked it. I'd own one. Sipped gas, decent pep and it was actually comfortable, nimble and nothing at all what I expected.

Buddy has the speedy Tesla. I drove it and while the takeoff is impressive I didn't care for it. It felt like a big heavy sedan which I guess it is. It was nice don't get me wrong but not what I'd want until I'm like 70. The Prius felt sporty in comparison.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shelby has developed a $25K package for the Mustang Mach-e (with no power increase) but is smart enough not to offer that on the American market. It's coming to Europe. :crackup:

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don’t even like to keep old cellphones with lithium batteries around when they become obsolete. No damn way I'd have a thousand pound bomb... errr... battery.... in my garage.

Oh.. And before @Gorilla George gets here: tuck Fesla

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If you are just commuting around town, get a Bolt EUV, before they run out. GM is no longer making them. Cheapest car eligible for the $7500 federal tax incentive.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A co-worker bought two of them. He loves them.

6. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

[/THREAD]

:D

ToofPic likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If the Cybertruck has a double sized bed in the back seat, I'll buy one.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I drive a hybrid. It burns both fuel and oil.

TurboBlew, Rebel635, vfrket and 2 others like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You still waiting for that abortion? How many years has it been since it was revealed?

11. Venom51

Long enough for the stock price boost to wane.

12. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Was it before or after your Tesla was going to be able to make you money by driving for Uber/Lyft fully autonomously?

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just bought 2 car last year. One has a Hemi, the other has a turbo, and I put miles on each of them very gracefully. I'll be avoiding glorified RC cars for as long as possible.

KneeDragger_c69 and tony 340 like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Soon the alien technology will be here and we’ll all be sporting personal proton accelerator transit units.

vfrket likes this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The Prius is a great car, it really is. I’ve put 500k on two of them in the last decade, by choice mind you, I’ve always had other vehicles but actually like the Prius. My guys at Toyota used to tease me all the time.

I designed a charging system for them and after testing it just kept driving them. Still surprises me.

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

I got a Mach-E about two months ago. Drives way better than a model 3 and is absolutely perfect for commuting to work and around town.

Still have my Ram 1500 for towing, perfect combo.

Love the Ford

KNickers likes this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Speaking of.... it’s all complete bullshit, and anyone who doesn’t know it either isn’t paying attention or is ignorant.

when I asked some tech guys why the 79 Corolla got 43 mpg but the Prius with the hybrid system could barely break 50 mpg... 30 years later...

Then I asked why the new Tundra couldn’t get 12 mpg and was completely out of whack...

I got an honest answer... “we can only build what they will let us sell”

that was the conversation stopper that enlightened me and I knew they knew I wasn’t an idiot at least.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    Phl218 likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Drove a tesla model 3 as a rental for a couple of days.

it proved all my prejudices to be true.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I read somewhere awhile back that if combustion engine technology had kept up with computing technology since the 57 Chevy, an ICE the size of a grain of sand would have about a million horsepower.

Totally useless conjecture, to be sure.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Venom51

Partially because it wasn't bogged down with corn squeezins in the fuel or choked to death by emissions controls. On top of that it was a fraction of the size and weight of its current bretheren.

The rest is market and tax revenue related.

ducrcr and TurboBlew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.