Team Pro-Motion: any good?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Crackhead, Oct 9, 2007.

1. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

I was wondering when Cornerspeed would come up. I have a customer that is a Cornerspeed coach and he has been bugging me for a year to check them out, so I'll be doing VIR Grand on the 29th. 240 freakin' dollars, though !!! They better be VERY good.

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I have allways heard good things about Cornerspeed. I believe they have much fewer people on track then your normal track day so $240 probably isn't that far off.

3. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

If I remember correctly, there were only 25 riders per group on VIR North (and that was the max). So definitely fewer people. Well run event and good people. They only really do VIR North, with an occassional day on Full. This year they also held one on South, and they typically do a day on Grand (which could be very cool - I have never done it). I think they have done a day on CMP before too.

4. Steezlo

Steezlo Well-Known Member

Cornerspeed may be a bit more expensive, no more so then the others really but they don't oversell groups to make a profit, very safe, and they always have someone that can show you a good line.

5. gmann750

gmann750 Well-Known Member

TPM is slowly turning to crap, can you believe with insurance they charge 200.00 for the Fu*$ing pocono east course, what a joke, def thinking of trying stt.

6. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

NESBA was $185.....

Rain insurance or other benny's may be a factor.

I ran TPM 3 days ago at the new Summit and it was a pretty flawless day for as many fast guys that showed just to run in Blue group on the new pavement.

The express regisration and tech is great, the store was packed of good inventory-staff was more than friendly and I'll thank Dave Gallo here if he reads this for loaning me the hose I needed to drain my tank at lunch-thanks Dave!

Bart, Dave Z. and the other coaches were working hard to go fast themselves on the new grip and help others get up to speed and have a great day.

:up:

Every club has it's flaws-as do people. Rates are going up, new bike prices, insurance....if we give up on them and they go away......we bitch then.

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

So, how was the track? Did you drop any time at all with the re-pave?

8. tzrboy

2-3 secs. for me:)

The Duc was running mid 23's before the race....so high 22's by days' end. Stock motor Duc and needed to go back on gearing...now hitting the limiter earlier....more traction out of 9, faster line in 10, etc.

The times will get stupid fast next year...soon they'll be in the 9's:wow:

9. Are you able to apex 10 all the way inside now?

10. Gallo is a good guy.

I have been to probably close to 50 TPM track days, and all have gone smoothley. Also, at about ten of those days, TPM purchased an extra hour of track time so people could ride till six.

11. tzrboy

Hank...you can still feel the bumps(to me) but yes...run far left after bridge on the limiter, grab a gear and pitch it to the apex and it sticks better than ever will only a ever so slight wobble-and my terd is not as polished as any GSXR I ever raced with Traxxion/Penske and GPR.... you guys should have less drama.

Defran and Dave Z. would have better feedback on their Kawi/Yami from Monday..

12. GSX-R 3/4K

GSX-R 3/4K Well-Known Member

Henry, you can apex ten all the way in.It's not perfect but i did it and it wasn't to bad.It's not perfect though still got the bumps but much lighter!As for me I did the same times maybe 1/2 sec.better

13. GSX-R 3/4K

GSX-R 3/4K Well-Known Member

As the TPM goes...if you wanna be a member go alsewere but if you wanna be a family member TPM is the club for you!Safe,well organized and friendly!!!
    Proud TPM Coach Greg Nysk #421