1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun Hats

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Apr 24, 2011.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Hey guys,
    Long story short, lots of cancer in my family right now. My wife has been dealing with Melanoma for the past 5 yrs. and I've watched her get cut more than Rocky but she never complains.
    Anyway, being the typical guy I am (and most of you are too I bet), we're at high risk just based on what we do on the weekends not to mention if you work outside during the week.
    I finally got over myself and got a big, goofy hat for the sun. A big thanks to guys I see at races already wearing them: Herb Bridwell, Mike Wischmeyer, JU, Sam Fleming (I think) and many others who I can't think of at the moment.
    Hope everyone takes a sec. to check one out. :beer:

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got 2 of them, leave one in the race trailer and one in the house. I do wear them too, being blonde and fair skinned I burn easy. Finally getting wise in my old age !

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Sprocket

the military Boonie hats work great...

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I love me a straw Stetson when I'm outside. :up:

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Love my boonie hat for day-in day-out. [​IMG]

Anna got me one of these for long days at the track.
    [​IMG]

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I have a sea grass hat I wear when I'm golfing or at the beach.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  7. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Sound advice!!! I've spent most of my adult life working in the sun (either boats or motorcycles). :up:

I wish I could wear long sleeves while working, but dark green polyester and a vest in the middle of summer in Florida just ain't happening. I settle for 50 SPF everyday.

8. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

This is what I did. Bought one at an Army surplus store for $10. Its one of my favorite hats. I wear it anytime I'm out in the sun for long periods of time. I keep my head shaved so its really easy to get sunburn. Burning your scalp sucks.

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Duluth Trading has free shipping on their signature sun hat right now. Item#95873 Use Promo code T11PK3 from their latest flyer.

www.duluthtrading.com/promo

I was sitting looking at the flyer and contemplating getting a new hat because mine got lost on the boat ride to the Murano Glass Works in Venice last April.

10. Dits

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too heavy for high humidity....

12. joec

joec brace yourself

i just stand near mongo. he shades quite a bit. and im little. :D

i wish i could find a pic with roper with his hat on. hes got the setup. though i have no idea what it actually is.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Dorfman pacific makes some great hats.I've been wearing them for years. Check out west marine they carry them.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. joec

joec brace yourself

thats a new one!!! he had the one with the shop rag forever.

16. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Mr. Editor has made the straw hat fashionable, you know.
    Steve

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

lamp shade hat is the way to go.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I wear a western style hat most of the time I am outdoors, straw in the summer and felt in the winter, and also use a lotion with SPF 15 every day. Same sort of story as Travis, my dermatologist told me "enough" after the last time she took off some spots. I took it to heart.

19. Dits

Yeah, I have a confession to make.

I use Nivea for men face cream everyday that has spf 15. Florida's a bitch on your skin.

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Man card revoked!