1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru BRZ: What do you think?

Discussion in 'General' started by anupe, Mar 22, 2013.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

General reason for not talking about what's coming is to not kills sales of what's already on the floor.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That I'd actually move fast enough for them to get the sale before the next version comes out (along with the Alfa version). I like small turbos. :)

What Toyota? Meh, I really like the two Mazdas I've bought and plan on getting another as my toy. No point in clouding it all up with a new Toyota.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Convertible version of the GT86/BRZ

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If they do, it will be called an Alfa and DaveK will trade his Jimsticks-eating cat for one.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Saw that. Looked okay but I kept thinking it had an ass that Papa would love. Really, for a toy or junk box, I'm all about Mazda anymore.

I'm still VW/ Audi for everything else. lol!

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

7. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

That super charger costs almost as much as the car? :confused:

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If you like sliding around in a car, they're great. I've loved the 2 short test drives I've taken.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They're going to make a convertible version of the Scion.

10. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Didn't say it wasn't cheap :)

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What? You gonna track it, run from da law, or drive it to work?

The car handles great (so far) and is sharp looking. I think that the ride kinda sucks though, with lots of road noise thrown in for good measure. The seats are very nice, but I wonder about how long that suede is going to hold up. The BRZ has many more nice options than the Scion. Subaru is not building a lot of them, so most dealers are currently at sticker plus.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think the ratio is 10 to 1, Scion to Subaru.

13. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

Lady friend enjoys the hell out of her Scion version. Pretty neat car for what it is

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I loved the concept, drove one a few times, shopped for turbo kits......and then bought a Z06 Vette. I'm weird like that. :D

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

they are from subaru racing, they dont give a rats ass about sales. they were being pretty realistic. it was easy to see that a turbo was not an option from the factory the more you look at it.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

that is in a wrx without the slanted hood of the brz...and like i said (a few times), its not the turbo that wont fit. its the top mount intercooler. for which you will need a giant scoop for...which will totally mess up the lines of the hood.

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

but its fwd!

19. six6two

six6two AWD

So a turbo STi version w/ 300hp wouldn't sell because they changed the lines of the hood?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm dying to here how the BRZ/ Scion handle once you get rid of those idiot prius tires.