Sport Touring with the Wife, bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by JeffroJ, Nov 19, 2014.

1. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I've got a 2008 ST1300 with almost 30,000 miles on it, of which probably 98% of those miles have been two up. It's a great bike for two up riding, very comfortable, and actually handles pretty well for a 700lb motorcycle. We've added a AutoCom intercom system, cruise control, heated gear, etc. and a genuine Honda top box (ordered from England). The ST1300 doesn't have quite the power of the FJR's and certainly not the power of the Concours, but it has plenty of power for two up cruising. We did an Iron Butt on it back in 2011...........1035 miles in 19 1/2 hours.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

3. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Another vote for a Blackbird, or a VFR800 gen 5

5. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

The VFR just isn't upright enough for seating position. The wife wants to hang out on back leaning against a backrest, that will just make me look silly all leaned forward.

The furthest we will probably ever ride together will be way less than 200 miles, just some afternoon trips up through the mountains and back. I'll most likely ride the bike more without her, so I'm leaning more towards the FZ1, but I'm gonna try a couple different bikes tomorrow and hopefully pull the trigger on one.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

With the Adventure bikes gaining popularity these past few yrs, are sport tourers even worth a look anymore?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I've ALWAYS preferred the Euro version with the singular headlamp but that is a nice example of a FZ1 right there and at killer price.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Depends on your inseam.