1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Redding's continuing and very public meltdown.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Boy needs to just keep quiet and ride it out. Kinda feel sorry for him but kinda don't. He's had the dream job for years. MotoAmerica next? Arby's?

R1 Johnnie and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

DGAF.

#69 FOREVER!

RRRepsolRider and Steeltoe like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It was cool that one time in the rain in Britain....other than that, mehh

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

from a recent interview:

I'm 25 and as stupid as dog shit. I have almost no education. So I could not even get a regular job if I wanted to, "Redding told Bikesportnews.com. "I was born and trained to race. That's my problem. I can not walk away so easily. " "I have no idea about most things in life," admits Scott with surprising frankness. "That's how it is. I am aware of that. That's why I have to think carefully about what's best for my future. I need something that makes me happy, which secures my future a bit. And I would prefer if I could continue to race. » At Aprilia, Scott Redding suffered some bitter disappointments in the spring - for example, on Friday in Jerez, when he was unable to get past place 24 due to traction problems and a fiercely spinning rear wheel. At that time he complained, "I'm wasting my time. I risk my life for nothing. If I go over the limit, the rear wheel turns even more, I'm not faster - More at SPEEDWEEK:

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Gobert needs a buddy to hang out with.

L8RSK8R and sheepofblue like this.
  7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Won't really miss him or his ego. He's had plenty of times to prove that he is as good as he says he is, but his mouth writes checks that his results can't cash. Oh well.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Dudes IG account is pretty funny. He's still fast. Hope he sticks around.

That Aprilia team needs to go back to WSBK. Or club racing. That's about the level of professionalism they got.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What he do this time?

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

He's probably one of the most approachable riders in paddock, but of course HIS ego you won't miss... btw, how many times have you actually met the guy?

12. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

From his comment about being born and trained to race, gives some insight as to why he's got that ego.

Metalhead likes this.
  13. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Gino230 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

you know, he's no more of an ego jockey and he's definitely no dumber than some of the AMA guys past and present.

He does need to be looking after his money and saving as much as he can 'cause he has maybe 10 more years before he's off to the glue factory.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How long have you two been dating?

rcarson15 and The Great One like this.
  16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Maybe he can get dipshits ride in Moto2. He was fun to watch on a Moto2 bike.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

"I'm not going to spin laps to do nothing in the end. I want to race."
    Race, or nothing.. no test riding. have to admire that on some level.

SpeedyE, tophyr, JCP636 and 1 other person like this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't know who's his manager but they really screwed the pooch. It was pretty apparent that he wasn't going to keep his ride, and it was pretty apparent that he didn't want to ride either.

At some point somebody should have stepped in and said hey let's secure a top ride in one of the other classes. At this point in the year it's slim pickings, he's turned down the BSB ride because he thinks the tracks are too dangerous, so at this point might very well be that he's going to end up getting fucked out of everything and have to sit out a year. Or taking another uncompetitive shitty ride in Moto 2. And really putting the finishing nails on his career.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I hear electric gokarts are where it's at...

terminus est, snikwad, j cal and 2 others like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Maybe so. But Bradley Smith will still be riding MotoGP bikes. Which will likely bring wildcard rides. Scott burnt that bridge then peed on the smoldering remains.

BTW I've got nothing against Redding at all. Unfortunately right now he is the poster child for what not to do if you wish to ride the baddest bikes on the planet in some capacity.