1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not mine. No idea of the context.

F9B0B2B4-FD7A-4A6C-A2E3-CA1250B38998.jpeg

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am thinking that amount of tow out is going to make for some wonky handling. On a more serious note, even purpose built Dakar trucks break suspension parts when you hit something hard enough.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The context is the same as it always is....Idtio.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

New Ford innovation, bi-directional steering?

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Maybe. Maybe not.

In the original-sized pic, the tierod ends are pulled free of the rack; the threads appear to be pulled out. Aluminum is probably not the best material for the application.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Venom51

Right so instead of idtio driver we can move to idtio mechanical engineer. :D

sdg, BigBird and ducnut like this.
  8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Saw one at a dealer when I took my f150 in for some warranty work. Didn’t know they have em in stick. Makes sense. It’s basically a 2.3t and drivetrain out of a mustang or ranger. Weird that ranger didn’t get the stick option. A lot of people would buy it stick.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering the vast majority can't drive one I think you overestimate what a lot is...

418 likes this.
  10. Venom51

Currently it's about the same as the number of people who have seen Bigfoot. There's me a 12 other guys still only buying manuals. It's tragic.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Probably right on both counts. My guess is barely strong enough components, oversized tires and the belief that their new $50k+ ride came off the showroom floor ready to race Baja all contributed.

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

It's doing a Silverado impression. :crackup:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean it's a Ford....it's expected both driver and engineers are id10t

renegade17 likes this.
  14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Oversized tires, wheel spacers, and over zealous driver… independent front suspension enables that sort of failure and I’m sure there are or will be beefy tie rods and steering racks for the aggressive modifications and driving.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So what’s the verdict? Worth putting an order in? I’m still debating going back to the shitty dealer to see what price they will guarantee in writing for my reservation that they converted to a MY21 order and needs to be updated for the MY22 order bank. They probably already updated it. At a minimum, I need to go get my $100 reservation deposit back.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

17. Critter

Critter Registered

Contact the guys at Jackson Ford https://www.jacksonford.net/ they are good people they will not F-with you and give you a good dealer they own World of Powersports too.. I have bought several cars from them and have a Bronco on order with them

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The Ecoboost 2.7 is overkill, the ride is very smooth and we drove 8hrs at an avg 80mph and felt planted well above 90. The top is quiet for what it is but compared to my X5 it got annoying. It's definitely a domestic vehicle without the refinement of a European car but as far as being a jeep killer it's a home run.

Monsterdood likes this.
  19. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

My sister's new Bronco is coming...

My brother in law is in the auto industry and I bet it was his idea. Lol

c19470c3dd0fb169dec6f573f465ec3f.0.jpg

20. Critter

Critter Registered

https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/bronco-1-2-tie-rod-kit/