1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

sell sell sell

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

time to double down on rivn

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Had a buy order at $15 that just timed out... now having second thoughts. Probably have enough exposure on the crap shoot.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I don't need more than I already have. But you're down on this one, aren't you? Could be the chance to bring down your cost basis and get out earlier than you currently need to.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They didn't cover sunk cost fallacy at Wharton? :confused:o_O

pickled egg likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have done that plenty of times to get out of a questionable stock if I thought it was going to bounce back enough.

They have occasionally turned into falling knives, though.

7. auminer

It is THE hardest trait to overcome in money management.

Admitting the I was wrong is extremely difficult for me to do.

Just ask my wife. (better yet, my EX- wife! :D )

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, trust me, my misses are spectacular enough that there is no doubt as to whether I was right or wrong.

9. Tristan

Got 75 shares at $22.66 average. My M/O is never to average down to get out...it would only be to get more shares of something I believe (hope?) that'll actually do something good at some point.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dayyyuummm.

Credit Suisse: Hey everyone we're ready to talk about some of the shady shit we did a couple years ago and move past it.
    SEC: Uhem. Yeeaaahhh. You might want to delay that call a bit. There may be some additional topics you need to talk about.
    SEC: Oh and BTW, you might wnat to hold off on the old....Annual report thingy for minute too.
    Credit Suisse: Ah Fack.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/credit-suisse-delays-annual-report-132031669.html

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have genuinely enjoyed the fall of Credit Suisse over the past few years. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  12. Tristan

Don't care as long as it doesn't affect the dividend cash cow USOI I've got a pile of...

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, it's personal for me. I have nothing at stake financially.

ChemGuy likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that where you worked, when you lived over here?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I bet!

16. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

So the Structured Notes I mentioned about 6 mo. ago have worked out well. They came with a 30% fall protection... made approx. 9.6%apy during those 6 months whether market was up or down. There was a call option at 6 months if market was higher than at purchase date, which it was so bank bought the notes back. Nice relatively safe chunk of profit. Would do again but as the market is smoothing out the notes aren't offering near 10% return right now.

HPPT likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nope.

18. Tristan

Well then... spill it already

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Someone close to me worked there. It was an ugly divorce.

20. auminer

Seems we can't discuss investing in the financial sector. Take note, yall. :rolleyes:

Or donuts. Don't forget.

Any other strangely random verboten topics?