1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I got a share of Schwab today. :D

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

W
    Will it outperform @motion & @Bird ™, LLC?

BigBird likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I guess we'll see in the next couple weeks/months if it still exists :eek:

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Big 4 banks given 220BN bailout of collateral borrowing against bonds and securities bought at a lower rate

Apparently the federal government is our bank now.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We can't talk about that here. Thread about it got nuked.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Oh.

(eyeroll)

7. auminer

Careful... Eyeroll might be misconstrued as code for donuts. o_O

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More a code for stupidity. How can a thread about a bank failing with people immediately going to the government bailing them out or not keep from being blatantly political.

I thought the deletion would get my point across but nope, gotta come in here and make a political post about it. Lets see if direct personal attention will work...

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

A long time ago I took a very formal personality test. I tested really low on the mercy scale. I can’t imagine what you guys would have scored. :D

11. auminer

Easy come, easy go. :(

Hope you managed a good profit. I still very much believe in them long term. Particularly in light of the undiscussable geopolitical factors involved in their niche.

12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

So, are you saying we can't talk about nuclear fusion in here, because tokamak donut is the leading contender?

auminer likes this.
  13. auminer

Hey, not my sandbox. I'm still trying to figure out what's allowed and what's verboten, and who besides @tzrider can get away with posting damn near anything.

Bugslayer likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Politics and religion aren't allowed. You get banned if I notice it. You get banned for trying too many times to circumvent the rules and I notice it. You don't get banned for not talking about political shit or starting threads that will turn into nothing but political shit. No one can get away with posting damn near anything other than me and probably Evelyne if she remembered her login and wanted to post.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh Jesus, they get you to buy into that myth too? I really thought you were more discerning than that. But then again, perhaps your "donuts" PTSD has made you vulnerable to this. :crackup:

He has not only been banned but when he does, it's possible that he pouts and stays away for months. Presumably to make the mods understand the value of his presence. :D

You snowflakes need to move on.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  17. auminer

But, see, we can't know that. You mods get to see the names crossed through or however it's indicated on this beeb software. We don't have any way to know who's banned.

It would be cool to have that as a whole nother pulldown menu... Who got banned, the post that was the impetus, and the special little snarky message they got telling them they got the hammer.

And TZ has gotten away with some comments that were across the line. Perhaps they didn't get read by a mod, I dunno, I suppose it would be ridiculous to expect one of you to read EVERY post made here, but when one gets missed it gives the impression of someone getting the benefit of favoritism. Hell, I've made a couple of posts and been like Hagrid: "I should not have said that!!" with no consequences. Sure there's a "report post" button, but SNITCHES GET STITCHES!!!

When I started the donut thread about Krispy Kreme giving away donuts for.... lets say participating in a certain medical procedure... and wanting to catalogue other such giveaways, sure there was opportunity for people to choose to be stoopid in that thread, but you can make any-damn-thing political. I was genuinely interested in what all free shit was available for said participants... I was NOT trying to start a buncha stoopid. I still got the hammer. I felt that was wrong.

As for this thread, investing is so affected by geopolitics that it's difficult to avoid delving into political topics and have a reasonable, thorough discussion of the financial markets.

But, again... not my sandbox. I still can't help but to leave a tootsie roll or two here & there, though. :crackup::crackup:

nowayout likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why do you need to know, though? It's between them and us.

Bingo! If you actually paid attention to people who say things that they shouldn't have said but that you agree with, and who get away with it, you would feel less persecuted.

I didn't buy a new and, for the record wouldn't have, but I absolutely don't believe you. Not even a little bit. :crackup:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You’re pointing out that you don’t have backend, moderator level access and views to a FREE forum. You’re also espousing your views of fairness in relation to the censorship of said site by the owners (or agents acting on behalf of the owner).

Finally, you’re voicing your opinion that user “TZRIDER” has gotten away with behavior that in your opinion were “across the line”.

- user “SUDDENBRAKING” executive summary of user “AUMINER” post

20. auminer

FOR ENTERTAINMENT!

Bingo! If you actually paid attention to people who say things that they shouldn't have said but that you agree with, and who get away with it, you would feel less persecuted.[/QUOTE]
    Huh?
    I didn't buy a new and, for the record wouldn't have, but I absolutely don't believe you. Not even a little bit. :crackup:[/QUOTE]

[​IMG]