1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yeah even though they would tell you that it was fresh out and you needed to be careful you were like eff it, im gonna risk it to take a bite!

2. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Can this gander of tangents be thread closed yet? Please?

evakat likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is always the no clicky option...nah, temptation rules.

4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting about not being able to sleep. When I had a big driving scare on the road, it took several months before I could drive a car above 55 mph again. But I was fine at any other time (including on a bike).

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  7. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

The weak minded don't race motorcycles. It's a fact.

I do have a problem riding with peeps on the street ever since my brother was killed while we were riding together. But the track was a different story.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

What a bunch of BS to throw the weak minded into a tizzy.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

11. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I used to corner work in between my races when it be 2 hours or more between them. I’d peal my leathers off, put my whites on, and hit a corner.

So one race weekend a few years back, I was working pickup at turn 3 Summit Point, and a two 600 riders were having a bareknuckle fist fight. The battle intensified every lap, until one of the riders tries a super aggressive pass on the brakes coming into 3. Except I don’t think he braked. He came in super deep and hot and blew the turn. He blasted through the grass and towards me and the tire wall. He got it slowed a bit, but slammed into the tires at 50-60mph. The force of the impact flipped the giant bundle of tires completely over.

After things stopped moving, I jumped down and ran around the tires to assist the rider. It was a frightening sight, with bones sticking out of his leathers and lots of blood. Dude was mangled. EMS arrived quickly after I did and they did their thing. The guy ended up being fine, but had a long recovery.

I was unable to race for the rest of that season because of what I had saw. I don’t mix the two anymore.

ToofPic, HPPT and SuddenBraking like this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The human body is a weird amalgamation of fragility and toughness.

ToofPic, cbush, Gino230 and 1 other person like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no recollection of the last time I went into T3. That bothered me for a good 10 years so I'm not sure if it would've been better to remember or not.

14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Is that the turn you had your horrible crash?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yep, that would be the one. No idea what happened. Last memory is leaving my trackside chair to go get ready for my race.

p.s. Didn't even lose consciousness. Just Ctrl-Alt-Del.

16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

While I have no idea how bad your accident was (I got off pretty light, all things considered), I had a memory gap as well. My first race with WERA and I remember gridding up for the start, and then my memory cut to the hospital about three hours later. Wasn't unconscious either apparently. Very unnerving, but fortunately I had a gopro running so I at least had some footage to see what happened.

I'll always appreciate Mark Merical being there to have helped me out and make sense of things.

17. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Shit man, my apologies for dredging all that up. I didn’t know.

I’ll just show myself to the door now.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not to speak for him, but I doubt you offended papa any

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, no. No need for apologies or feeling bad about it. If I didn't want to talk about it, I wouldn't.

20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks Papa.