1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

if a race organization couldn't rent Roebling, this would be a precedent that other tracks would be wise to follow, as insurance companies would surely demand it.. so i can't see this happening. one or more people fuked up, of this there is no question. just who, or whom, and how is it kept from happening again. cars, bikes, doesn't really matter. if an ambulance crosses the track when track is hot, bad things can happen.. if it happens that no bikes allowed at Roebling, or WERA not allowed, that could be the beginning of the end of any racing, of anything at any track ? just a thought..

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

General silliness about stuff about stuff people say or write that makes no sense. See below, he got it…

cbush likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Tracks absolutely can and do decide which organization are allowed to rent the track.

drop and Canadian Bacon like this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I hear it's being replaced on the schedule with Putnam Park.

jeffrop, Shenanigans, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I doubt there will be any change anytime soon. WERA and RRR go back a very long ways and nobody knows how this will play out. Then there is the fact that all parties carry insurance.

Michael Hausknecht and ToofPic like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Definitely looks like a good bit of fence mending is going to need to be done.

But business is business.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

sheepofblue, ToofPic and 50Joe like this.
  7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Thats sad...:( Roebling holds my cherry.My first win/expert.I ran crazy good lap times there,even though Road Atlanta was literally in my back yard. The beach,St.Paddys day,so many memories and things to love about this track..minus the previous NAZI track folk that ran it,and even then I still loved the place.I hope it can get worked out! and fuck that press release ! By Roebling rep! Dog shit on a shoe at best

8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I hope your right Joe!Even though I can't race there anymore,I love that place!

50Joe likes this.
  9. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

upload_2023-3-24_20-16-55.png

Sabre699 and MrGooch like this.
  10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

The original McDonalds' apple pie, from back in the day, is the only choice here. Deep-fried to the same temperature as their coffee.

R/T Performance, Bruce and cbush like this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

As much as I despise their current offerings, the old school McDonald's apple pie was pretty much worth the third degree burns.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

BrentA likes this.
  13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Good lord those things were on fire.

14. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Why? Its not like WERA pulled a complete bonehead move here. You have an idiot ambulance crew that can't follow simple directions there were clear and consistent.

cav115, Phl218, The Todd and 2 others like this.
  15. Critter

Critter Registered

All I know is that I have seen a bunch of stupid shit at AMA races over the years by track crews and the people running it......and like uh not nearly as much stupid shit at a wera race like none....So UH yeah...There is something odd here and it's probably not WERA....

cav115, ToddClark, R Acree and 2 others like this.
  16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yup. Drug dosing as well. Bought something not too long ago, no instructions on the outside of the bottle, opened the insert, got frustrated to hell, and took 2 pills i dont care if it kills me.

gixxernaut likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have to agree. It was the only thing that contains cinnamon that I ate voluntarily. I fought off my girlfriend when she tried to make me taste it but once that burning hot piece of deliciousness finally entered my mouth*, my McDonald's experience was changed forever.

* The pie! I heard it after I reread it.

sheepofblue and cav115 like this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

:oops::crackup:

19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

And instructions for cooking stuff. It's about as easy to find the instructions for how to cook a squirrel you shot in your back yard with a BB gun as it is to find them on a package of frozen fish from Costco.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Good thing you added the footnote. :D