1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta May 12 & 13, 2008

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by XACT-Man, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Did you check out the new turn 4 chicane? IMO makes the new turn 12 look good :down:

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks Pete!
    Top-notch job on Monday and I assume Tuesday went as smoothly. I got more ride time than my body could handle and the advanced group was fun and safe. Good to see Perry again and it was educational following him around for awhile plus great advice from the Venom-meister (brake between the 2 black marks before 10).
    I wish you all the best in your continued success with X-Act Trackdays! Now get some dates to RRW and get us some stickers to run on our bikes!
    Great hanging with Stick, Kenny and Kurt (and the poser on Venom's RC51:D ). Not enough time with Vicki though.:(
    I'll have to say, with the exception of my lack of WFO chops at 9, I was slicing and dicing for an old dude! Of course I could barely get off the bike at the end of the day, but I'll gladly suffer for the opportunity!
    L'chaim ya'll.
    BTW: Road Atlanta without the real T12 will suck.
    And finally: Tim, did you school the teachers on Tuesday?

mmfoor

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Me? What did I do?

+1

It didn't suck. Had a few chuckleheads whose idea of fun is doing 6" flybys on the slower bikes down the straights, but you get those at every track day.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I know what you talking about. Some Chucklehead kept cloggin up the kink and 9 and no matter how close you got too him going by he never got the message.

5. prwest

prwest Well-Known Member

Great event pete! I had a lot fun.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:D

Hey now, I know I put out the anchor into the bus stop, but I'm WFO going around 9. She won't go any faster, cap'n.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That doesn't make us feel sny better.

I had fun. It was well run with lots of tracktime.

Thanks Pete

8. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Thanks everyone, mark your calenders, this will be an annual event!

Big thanks to my staff, American Suzuki for support, Stickboy and Thermosman!

Special thanks for Vicki coming out and taking pics too!

Glad you all had a great time, only 2 red flags yesterday and none today, the friggin crash truck didn't even have to roll today, it was a perfect day!

Don't forget, I will be posting up later this year for this event and I've got Little Tally for Aug. 2 & 3, so get your butts signed up!

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Pete, thanks for having me, it was an awesome event! It was great seeing everyone and Morris, next time you have to stay for both days so we can hang out more!

10. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Good time,for sure.Good clean riding too.Nice to get in some clean laps there.

Thanks Pete.

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Except when you got mad at yourself in Turn 7 :crackup:

12. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:mad:

not funny

:p

13. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

All I am going to say is James Chance and I had some fun :D
    He got into the 29's and I got a 30' flat.

Pete and X-Act put on a great track day and I will be doing more in the future. Thanks to the crew and riders for making it a very smooth and fun day. Thanks to Vicki and Danielle with VHS Photography for taking pics.:bow:

14. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Tim good seeing you and meeting James, you guys were bringing home he mail!

You guys are more then welcome to attend any of my events!

James even volunteered to help one of my novice riders out that was pitted close to him!

Again, glad everyone enjoyed themselves and we had a PERFECT day on Tuesday!:cool:

15. raven_hammer

raven_hammer Well-Known Member

Pete what a fantastic event you put on!!!!!!! That was my first time at R.A. and I could not have asked for a better time! Everyone from you on down were absolute proffesionals and your control riders were all top notch and very helpful. Stickboy was very reasonable with his tire prices and turn around time, and Thermosman was well Thermosman........simply the best. I hope others take note on how you did it, cause you did it right. I look forward to your next event and thanks so much again.

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Vicki it was great meeting you. I was pitted next to you with my girlfriend Jenya. I was the one with all the beer LOL

Tim also geat to put a name to a face. I was the one that walked up to you in your pit and mentioned I bought an exhaust off of you.

James also good to meet you on Monday in T-mans Ohlins area.

The new chicane is not that bad but I am glad we ran the old turn 12 as the new one will be so dissapointing when they open it up.

The only regret I had was selling my racebike on Sunday night and buy the new KTM 1 hour later. Man I oculd not keep up on that dam motard street bike. I had a blast control riding and everyone was eager to learn.

Pete all I have to say is you out did yourself again. As usual the smoothest running trackdays i have ever attended and the greatest bunch of people. Can't wait for next year. BTW I will try my hardest to make Little Tally on my birthday.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  17. raven_hammer

You need an R1 Steve

18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

lol Yeah I know. Trying to sell my kids to buy Toms.

19. raven_hammer

You would need 20 kids to buy that. I offerd but he does not take kidneys and bone marrow

20. zerosense

zerosense Well-Known Member