1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta May 12 & 13, 2008

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by XACT-Man, Feb 12, 2008.

1. JFS7

JFS7 Well-Known Member

Will Thermosman being doing suspension setups? If so I would like to reserve a spot with him.

Jay

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

reserve a spot with him???? there is no reserving a spot. just walk up to mike, tell him what your bikes doing and he'll help you sort it out

3. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

You said it!:up:

4. XACT-Man

Advanced is full for Monday! One or two spots in intermediate still available Monday, novice has a few. Tuesday has spots available in all 3 groups. If you plan to come to the track and pay, please bring cash or we will accept checks with propper ID.;)

5. JFS7

JFS7 Well-Known Member

Ok I got ya. Just want to make sure I get the bike setup.

6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Are we there yet? :beer:

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

So close I can just about taste it! Got a cold one for you in the RV my dear!:clap: Hope you had a good trip home from Barber. We were like some of the last folks to clear out.

mmfoor

8. XACT-Man

Folks Monday is about full except for novice, might still have an int. spot, no advanced.

If you want to come ride Tuesday, again bring cash or propper ID with a check, we should be able to fit you in no problem!

See y'all soon!:cool:

9. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

I need to sell my spot in advanced for monday....got bike problems:( Anyone interested?

10. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

11. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

Just got to ATL an dpassed Gwinnet concert hall...Van Halen is playing tonight!
    Just called Ticketmaster and got 4th row seats on the floor!!
    What a great weekend...Barber Friday/Sat. VH today. RA Mon/Tuesday.

12. zerosense

zerosense Well-Known Member

Is electricity readily available? I'll be there Monday and it doesn't look like I'll have a generator for my tire warmers.

13. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

We are standing outside the gates...checking out the changes on turn 12. To quote Ed Bargy who is here next to us: "they f*ck*d up another good track....they let a non-motorcycle riding design team design a motorcycle track".
    Its horrid. The new turn 12 is half as wide as the normal track. Further, when you top the hill at 11 and go under the bridge, you have a straight line to the new turn...which means you can carry more speed over the hill. Bikes will be jumping the hill b/c it is now a straight shot & there is no need to start your turn before you crest the hill. What a piece of shit design. Thanks Road Atlanta for making this bad to worse. It's as-if they put a "band-aid" on the problem rather than fixing it.

This racer is GLAD he doesn't run the new turn 12 this weekend.

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

There is some power around. I'll also have some generators here to sell.

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Where are you pitted? so I can avoid that area. :crackup: just kidding

I plan to corner marshal both days.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm down alitte from where I am normally. I went for flat ground

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You looked pretty good yoself as I came by on the outside on the run to 2 today!:beer: :D
    All even! And the closest pass was my trailer by your truck!

mmfoor

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good times yesterday, and wish I was there today.

Great hanging out with you guys. :up:

<edit> Quote of the day "Oh hell no, it's Kesler on the training bike!" :crackup:

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  19. SlowSteve

SlowSteve Habitual User

T12 revisted.............

I'm no "track designer" but this would be better IMO...............

Attached Files:

20. zerosense

zerosense Well-Known Member

That's actually not bad looking! Certainly has more appeal than what they did to it.

BTW, I had a great time Monday. Thanks Kurt for all your help!