1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America / Moto America 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 31, 2023.

1. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

The more money the better obviously, buy MA has stated that they are donating the $25,000 :Puke:in fines that they collected from the Barber round to cover the damage at Road Atlanta.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the breakdown of what violations and fines were given.

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

pit lane speeding was like $100 a decade ago... so agreed that’s a bunch of fines...likely bullshit and sugar daddy is paying for it if at all

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Where did you read or hear that at? Please cite

27 likes this.
  5. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Are these fine thingys something the DMG fiasco started?In the 20 years I spent with AMA ,I dont recall hearing about fines?

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

theyve been around before DMG too... as soon as they put up pit lane speed limits they had to show their ass and start fining us... it was hard to adjust flat out to your box to 50mph

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/competitor-info/

Scroll down to sanctions, then click on 2023 Barber. It was a busy weekend for the old speeding ticket book.

Some guys were popped 5 times...

27 likes this.
  8. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Let me do some digging. It was released the week after the Road Atlanta fire, so it's been a bit.

27 likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:eek: Slow learners...

10. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Did ANYONE go to the rider's meeting?!

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was at the riders meeting and 2 of our 4 riders got popped. The problem wasn't people ignoring it. The problem was that when you swing wide out through 15 to come on to pit lane, it immediately dropped to the pit lane speed. This is what was addressed. What was NOT addressed, and where everyone got nailed, was they moved the check station at pit OUT.

I get why they did it but clearly this is a money grab. In any other case they would see that there is a problem and come around an talk to the teams.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    27 likes this.
  13. Hyperdyne

There's no learning to it. Most guys didn't even know they got popped until it was too late. The message about where pit lane speed started was not communicated clearly at all.

27 and Banditracer like this.
  14. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

And it went all the way to the end of the blend line in turn 1...

They were issuing so many sanctions, that they started just emailing them instead of calling you to RC. lol

27 likes this.
  15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

They extended the pit lane speed lines to accommodate the supersport extended race minimum pit stop time. The minimum pit stop time is dumb. ...

5axis likes this.
  16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I was more joking about the number of people lit up for not going to the rider's meeting in the doc. That sounds like absolute bullshit though.

27 likes this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Again. I understand why they did it, but yeah, the whole thing was dumb.

18. Hyperdyne

Wouldn;t have mattered if they did show up. You could barely hear them talking in the first place, and I was sitting up front. And the sign in sheet process was stupid. I swear it was like wrangling up a bunch of Jr. High kids. They had the sign in sheet boards ready, then whoever the lady is that was trying to be in control (and failing miserably) kicked everyone out of the room and made them go outside so they could have a meeting with the little kids.

Not well thought out at all.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

@ToofPic

ToofPic likes this.