1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America / Moto America 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 31, 2023.

1. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Ha, fair enough. He’s young to me too (few years older than my daughter). He must be one of the oldest racers in the paddock though?

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Huh?

3. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Not even close

4. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Really? What percent of the riders in MA are older than Herrin?

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

We're supposed to stop?

chobes, Dragginass, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Excluding the kids classes I’m guessing 1/3

7. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

ok, so he’s one of the old-er not -est.

27 likes this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The whole superbike grid is too old for my liking. Great racers and good competition so far this season, buuuut...I'd much rather MA be a feeder series than a retirement series. Is what it is though.

9. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Thought the Bagger series was for retirees...isnt whatshisname 59?

27 likes this.
  10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If baggers had to be 60+ with their ol lady on the back, I'd watch that every week. That's way more entertainment than 100k frankenbikes and riders who could be in other classes. I'd even forgive the oil on the track if it meant watching Fred and Barb get tossed into the gravel now and then.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was just guessing by the amount of them I know or that have ridden for me... I was hoping someone that is bored or cares more than me would provide the real data :D

Doug Polen rode his last Superbike race filling in for me at Road America in 2009 at 49 years old...

Jeremy McWilliams is 59 right now and crashed the bagger like he’s a teen so there is that....

ToofPic, cbush and 418 like this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

I never got the fascination with people being impressed with kids being "fearleess". Yeah no shit, Johnny Dangerboy hasn't had to have somebody wipe his ass for a month or two yet. No wonder he's "fearless".

The old dudes, they're the real heros. They know the concequences are real and have been on the recieving end of when shit goes wrong multiple times.

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I got hit from behind on a moped when I was 13, mangled both legs, spent 6 mos in a wheelchair... it took me years to be able to run again.

while that didn’t stop me it did help me know how to cope with injuries... nine Ortho surgeries and over 100 breaks later... I still have an occasional break, enough to where my kids aren’t surprised when I come home with a new cast or splint :D

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Sooooo....Elias said "see you soon" in his intreview and now he's claiming he has a big annoucment coming on IG...

27 likes this.
  15. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I heard it to, sounded like I'll see you next race on a Ducati to me :crackup:

Once a Wanker.. and 5axis like this.
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

upload_2023-6-7_16-28-23.png

5axis and assjuice cyrus like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you know... running my exact colors is quite the compliment :D he and I were the same age as our race numbers at the same time and always say “I’m 27” he says “I’m 34”

I’ll see you all before too long... sorry I didn’t get to RA, great job with your guys...

hope you’re learning lots and having a blast!

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

AssJuice!!!! Are you still down at the gay bar in Sheboygan??? LOL

voss555, Steady T and 27 like this.
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

This was another good one.

Stamboli's transparency is pretty suprising. And the explonation of what happened seems convincing.