1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

+1

Obviously, I cant even remotely feel a fraction of what they are going through, but I think after some mourning, the best medicine would be to throw that leg back over and go race to help clear their heads. just my $.02

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Because he's a brother racer. I feel like this whenever we lose any motorcycle racer.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point. You have something very personal in common with him and a very tiny percentage of the rest of the world. We may be a dysfunctional family and a lot of us have never met but we're family all the same.

4. six6two

six6two AWD

:stupid: Most accurate description of racers I've ever read. Really bummed to hear this. Prayers going out for those close to him

5. illsv5

illsv5 Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I wasn't going to post in this topic because I figured that since I don't know any of you (neither did I know Marco), nobody would care about what I thought.

But I figured that it would help my mourning. Why I need to mourn this loss is beyond my understanding, but I felt great sadness none the less. I guess like alot of us, I kind of identified myself with him, because we all race motorcycles and with me being tall and curly I suppose...

The guy was a hero, at the most exciting stage of his career. He was correcting his flaws and starting to show consistency, maybe on his way to winning a championship in the future. Kind of like when Spiderman finally gets his final suit and is just about to start kicking ass. (sorry for the nerdy analogy)

He had a great personality and was certainly the most exciting rider to watch in MotoGP, something the championship desperately needed. He had become my favorite rider and I will miss him dearly.

I don't think I can continue racing after this, maybe it's time for me to move on. I was already considering quitting after this season because of many factors, namely a crash that messed up a finger permanently. This just confirms my decision...

Rest in peace #58

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

:bow:

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

I feel like crap today. Depressed. Couldn't stop thinking about it last night. When I did sleep it was restless. Keep thinking about Marco, his family, his girlfriend, his team and his fans. Like another poster, I never met him but watched him race with passion, hunger and determination. RIP Marco Simoncelli - you are a champion that left this world far too soon.

9. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I was doing the same, eating breakfast and watching the race. It was weird, as soon as it happened I knew it was bad...cause they "always get up and walk away" from accidents, right?? I jumped up and checked online, this confirmed my fear... Felt like somebody punched me in the gut, just sickening.

My hope are now for Colin and Valentino, I hope they can get their heads around this, would not fault if they can't, though...

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Great Pic from Phillip Isle...

[​IMG]

11. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

:up:

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nailed it!

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Let's be honest: We all wish we were just like Marco. That young man had passion, charisma, style and talent to spare. He was one in a billion, without a doubt. I'd like to think a little bit of everyone one of us died along with him.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Spot on!

15. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten anything on how Colin is? Physically and mentally?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He tweeted that he's gutted but overall okay, he understands he couldn't do anything.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

^ That's a relief. I feel very bad for him and Vale; hopefully there's no second guessing going on.

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

A very sad sad day. I loved watching him race. He was my number 2 fav behind The Ben. RIP Marco

19. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Thanks. As others have said, feels like I have lost someone close and I have never met him. Thoughts with his family.

20. brveagle

brveagle Well-Known Member

Logged into here because alot of my coworkers/friends just don't understand.

There’s so much emotion that I have to overcome and block out when I get on the track. To see my favorite rider get killed in the blink of an eye like that really tore me up.

RIP #58