1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. gixxersuzuki

gixxersuzuki Well-Known Member

RIP Marco. Godspeed

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I woke up this morning. For the first time during the tour, I did not feel like riding. I remembered that it was a race day and decided to log in to MotoGP. It is not what I expected.

RIP Marco. The only solace in all this is that the man die doing what he loved. Thoughts to his familiy, friends, team, and Colin & Rossi.

IMO Marco was the future of MotoGP. I don't think his style, his personality, is soon to be replaced or forgotten.

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

4. I think it would be more suitable to have crash analysis discussions in a different thread.

5. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

I was trying to avoid the forums all day till I saw the race. Went all the way till tonight only to have my wife (who is at a girls night thing) call me to tell me the news - sincce one of her girlfriends husband told her earlier. It was like receiving news that someone I knew personally had passed. I was absolutely shocked and didn't want to wtch the race anymore. I'm also pissed at myself because I just deleted all the races this year to clear room on my dvr. I could've preserved him alive (at least to me) on the bigscreen ssince that's how I see him. He was one of my fav riders this year. So much potential. Sad iindeed.

6. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

yeah, i figured that but it didn't seem like he was trying to change the course of the bike back to the left at all.

R.I.P.

7. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

I am so sad.

8. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

+1

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin Well-Known Member

Thought i would share this...

http://translate.google.com/transla...bile2.gecod.com/it/news.do?task=detail&id=151

"When you fall in this league and you have fallen so many times you have a lot of criticism, judgments, evil, unjust, envious. Many have even claimed to teach you to ride a bike. Some are strongly advised to tell you to feel comfortable, to advise caution. Remember, however, what did I say? I confessed that the collective, barking against humanity, has forgotten, perhaps because he can not remember when he started to walk. It falls, gets up there, it's back to fall, it gets up again and often to fall back. All this accompanied by the mother's smile that comforts us and encourages us to persevere, no hint of reproach. Then we have all learned to walk shipped, but few have managed to take the path that leads to the heights of life, because the climb was too difficult and tiring. Why blame them? Are not already severely punished by their failure? But you, dear Marco, not just go up the steps to the summit of life, but also those of the podium, where there is the cup as a prize, but the recognition of your strength that you have looked into the face of death and defeat."

Ciao, Super Sic.

10. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking news. Think I'll grow my hair out in tribute.

11. apex134

apex134 Well-Known Member

I forgot to record the race, but for some reason I woke up very early this morning and jumped on the Speed website to see when the race was going to air. Marco's face was on the homepage and I quickly hit the back button, thinking I had just spoiled the race for myself and that Marco had finally one a MotoGP race.

But then it hit me that the image was in black and white, and I paused. I returned to the home page and my heart just sank when I read the news. I felt sick.

How sad that a fire that burned so bright was snuffed out so prematurely. Rest in peace, five eight.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gonna be tough days ahead for The Doctor. He and Simoncelli were reportedly close friends.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  13. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

RIP Marco. I'm in shock and saddened.

14. JD¹³

JD¹³ Turbo Slow

At least it was instant and painless, Marco will have never seen it coming. I really liked his style both on and off the track and was shocked to hear of his death this morning. Tough images to watch.

RIP Sic

15. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

What an inspiring racer. I loved how he approached the races and I was eager to see him on the RC213v. Really wish that he would have won a race before leaving the world behind.

16. farva03r

farva03r Well-Known Member

RIP alien.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seven-time world champion Rossi ...... was devastated and unable to say anything in the immediate aftermath of the accident.

He later tweeted about Simoncelli, nicknamed Sic or SuperSic.

"Sic for me was like a younger brother, as strong on the track as he was sweet in life," Rossi wrote.

"I still can't believe it. I will miss him a lot."

:(

18. sptbk57

sptbk57 Well-Known Member

Very sad Day for Moto Gp And the family....This is very close to home for me. I buried my child and now they will too. Marco was 24, My child was 22. NO loss is like the loss of Your child. My Heart and soul goes out to all who were apart of his life. I Hope he didnt leave a wife and child behind. I dont think he was married, But i could be wrong.

19. HotRedTurbo

HotRedTurbo Active Member

RIP SuperSic...

20. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. super sic