1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me some new metal (music)

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 5, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Noise

Venom51 likes this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Lemmy wrote "Killed by Death". Now that's a heavy pleonasm.

3. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Not sure if they've been mentioned here, but Kylesa was a great metal band (up until a month ago, when they announced an indefinite hiatus).

4. cha0s#242

I didn't know they stopped. Kylesa is a cool band.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I actually saw them live just a few months ago. They were touring the states with another band I like. Never heard of them before that. But one of the best performances I've ever seen. They completely outshined the headliner that I was there for. Never seen that much energy on stage before. Would definitely go see them again.

6. redtailracing

From what I understand that falls directly in line with their whole theme. Listened to an interview with them on Octane (Sirius xm) one time and that's the vibe i got from it. The lead singer went by some stage name like "father somethingoranother" and the rest of the band was simply known as the nameless ghouls.

7. redtailracing

Someone else mentioned tesseract. I haven't heard them but a coworker suggested them to me just the other day.

Check out an album by Bleed the Sky called Paradigm in Entropy. It's absolutely phenomenal. Been listening to it for a few years now and still love it. Had one of their other albums and it sucked. Never tried anything else by them after that.

8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

If you get a chance to see them live I would recommend it. Their live show was extremely tight and very well mixed.
    I'll be seeing them again in Sept with Gojira and looking forward to it!

If anyone sees Periphery, definitely hang around the soundboard and watch their light guy, he's like another band member... crazy to watch.
    Almost as good as Meshuggah's light guy... :bow:

joec likes this.
  9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Papa Emeritus I, II, or III (depending on which album you're referencing)... Its the same guy though. lol

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did someone recommend Baby Metal already? :D

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Avenged Sevenfold?

Not much of a metal fan anymore but I heard some of their stuff recently and it wasn't bad at all. Unlike some of the other stuff that was probably recommended they actually have good music, not some acquired taste BS. They don't seem to have a style. Every songs different.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

It should be called DEAF metal. :D

13. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Five Finger Death Punch.

14. cha0s#242

Meshuggah live is mindblowing. They play so goddamn tight, it's unbeliveable. And the hair choregraphy is awesome lol

masshole likes this.
  15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

new HateBreed album drops the 13th of May

16. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

New Gojira album Magma is pretty damn good. Stranded is one of the better songs.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That was a bummer. Really dig that band.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I was just about to post that! It's fucking terrific. So good.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yes. but no-one's mentioned Drake yet, so here's your chance. :D

20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've been listening to Twelve Foot Ninja (2012 album maybe?) and like them a lot. They have a new album coming out this summer that I will also buy.