Plane crashes into Office building in Austin, Tx.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by XFBO, Feb 18, 2010.

1. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Your taking it out of context, my point is personal income tax and personal withholding out of your paycheck and replace it with a Fed. sales tax. I'd have to believe that the tax on corporate income would be greater than what they purchase.

Please define govt. charities? Voluntary taxes? How do you run a govt.?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but no it's not. Try again please.

3. scotth

scotth Banned

What's not?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still not grasping English? Read your post.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I agree.

Let's abolish payroll taxes. :up:

6. scotth

scotth Banned

I typed it. You want to just tell me or should I guess?

7. scotth

scotth Banned

I'm for it! :up:

8. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Uhh, Mongo...someone hijacked scotth's account. :eek:

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey now, finally feeling comfortable letting your racist side out.....cool. :rolleyes:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The first time I heard that famous quote about his secretary, she was making $60,000 a year. If I remember correctly.

12. scotth

scotth Banned

Naw, man. Think about it. What would elimination of a flat 6.2% on the first hunnet grand of income do to the tax structure?

So it's even worse than you originally thought. :D

In all seriousness, if we were to stick with income taxes as a system, I would like to see just the one income tax, not one payroll, plus another, different payroll, plus workers compensation, plus income, etc., etc. At some point all this is just needlessly complex. We can certainly make an income tax structure be more or less progressive (as suits us) without taking on an additional forest of layers.

Naw there too. You can be my little biotch no matter what your skin color is. Not even a good try.

Wow. I did not know that.

13. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I read the first half of the first page and some of this last page and none of the news since yesterday, so please pardon me if this has already been said.

I sincerely hope that the missing person wasn't killed (again, haven't read the news) and that the 2 people who were injured recovery very quickly. <--- PREFACE

I absolutely hope that the government receives the message this guy is sending, and that the population of this country can relate to the sentiments expressed by the pilot and mobilize. I don't agree with killing anyone (including yourself, but to each his own), but the message that the citizens of this country deserve better from our government needs to be heard. The tax/spending structure our government has created is absolutely sickening to me. I hate it, and if I can figure out a way to make as much noise as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, I'm doing it!

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

The problem is there's too much money being made with our current tax system to promote any need for change.

I've said it for years, and I agreed wholeheartedly with Steve Forbes and other flat-tax advocates on this:

The most fair system of taxation, given our current economic system, would be a flat sales tax; no income tax, no property tax, no tax on assets you already own.

Just a tax on what you purchase.

The beauty of it is, you can amass all the money you'd want with no penalty. But everybody has to spend - whether is be on necessities or luxury items. Buy a roll of toilet paper, or a Lamborghini, and pay a predetermined flat percentage of the value as a tax for all government services.

One flat federal sales tax, and morph the IRS into any agency that ensures the proper collection of those sales taxes and orchestrates appropriate dissemination of those funds to all levels of government as needed.

Problem is, it'd be too simplified then. The government wouldn't be able to convolute their spending as easily, loopholes would be taken away from the corporations and the uber-wealthy forcing them to pay their share, and jobs related to tax collection, assessments and preparation would be lost.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This is what has always made me interested in the Fair Tax, I'd rather see a spending tax than anything else.

I've read a little about the Fair Tax back when it was getting a lot of attention but never the flat tax, anyone know what rate they've tossed around???

Also what are the primary differences in the Fair or Flat tax?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like the latest kerfuffle and pundit angst: "Was it a terrorist act?..."

:Pop:

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Paging Jay in 5...4....3....2....1...

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Holy Shit..............was Jay flying that plane? :D

19. mr fatback

mr fatback Well-Known Member

IRS attacked again this time in ogden utah 2 dead.The article attempts to link the attacks to the tea party movement.

20. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Haven't heard that...links!!??

That's ridiculous and irrational. Terrible reporting.

Got some links...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVohPPb_6A

Interestingly, there are those questioning the Texas plane crash. Haz Mat teams were apparently already across the street.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL12DSMYgQk

Strange stuff. Don't let a crisis go to waste.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010