1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull trailer restraint installation

Discussion in 'General' started by benfer, Feb 2, 2011.

1. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

1-bike or 2-bike Kendon trailer? There's a few different ways to go but they all require some additional effort. The Kendon relies heavily on straps so any strap-free design is going to require some modification to make sure the trailer doesn't try to fold up on itself when going over a large bump. I have some photos of what some of our customers have done. Drop me an email and I can send you a few of them so you can figure out what you want to do.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There are two Zumas in a trailer heading to NJMP right now in wheel chocks George. Wheel chocks! With tie downs! It's so .. so ... barbaric.

:D

3. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

It's a 2 bike trailer. Thanks, E-Mail on the way.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I have a Zuma 125 sitting in a trailer right now in a pingel chock with straps holding it down. Tie down Straps are so counter productive:down:

I sure wish it could be done with a restraint:D

6. gillianthree

gillianthree Well-Known Member

George, thanks for your help.....Once again Pit-Bull customer support is off the charts!

7. PCSteel

PCSteel Member

direction/setup question

Curious if everyone loads their bikes parallel to the direction of travel. Eg. bike is facing the same direction as truck or trailer down the road.

The reason I ask the question...I have a toy hauler with the garage in the front of the trailer, side ramp door access. So the plan is to load the bikes perpendicular to the travel path. Does this put undue torque and stress on the bolts or restraint, especially during an unexpected heavy braking?

Thanks,
    Daryl

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've used it both ways no issues.