1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oshkosh?

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveThompson, Jul 21, 2007.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

My friends dad also built those canard wing aircraft kits too, also flew them to Oshkosh

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Jim is still infamous in the aviation circles I run in.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

If you happen to get a pic of an aviat husky I wouldn’t mind.

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Just because. :crackup:

B'Gosh...

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Those F-22’s were ridiculous this afternoon. Sure gonna miss seeing Sean Tucker do his thing out there. Our neighbors are good friends with him, so we’ve gotten private shows out at her mom’s farm for the past few years. Kids have become HUGE fans. 0B55DCA1-48B4-4C3A-B253-6BF974235082.jpeg

6. SteveThompson

Survived another one.

B'Gosh

Mot Okstef and Funkm05 like this.
  7. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

He is only 'retiring' from solo airshows. They announced he is doing 'team' shows starting next year.

Was a great week this year, a lot more jets flying than years past and the B52 + B1 were awesome!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I almost feel like I should apologize for the B'Gosh but it makes me laugh too much :D

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know, but it won’t be near the same. Sean’s actually friends with our neighbor, and we’ve always gotten private shows from him when he would practice over her mom’s farm. He’ll be overseeing the team, but won’t really “perform” with them. He is/was the best.

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Number are in for 2018 EAA AirVenture.

600,000+ in attendance, new record, up 2% from the previous record attendance last year.
    3000 show planes plus 10,000 planes encamped over several airports.
    $170 Million in economic benefit to Winnebago and surrounding counties.

Wingnut likes this.
  11. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Yesterday I starting watching some youtube videos of OshKosh, then watched some Draco Bush plane, then some dude named Trent Palmer's channel. Got me re thinking all my aviation plans....

12. SteveThompson

I went over and watched the stol contest. I've been thinking about it ever since.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What was the winners distance this year? Anyone land going backwards yet?

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Trent does a great job, Kitfoxes are in demand now. :) . All the flying cowboys stuff is fun.

15. SteveThompson

I've never seen it before so I definitely didn't have a solid grasp of the rules. It seemed like the good ones would takeoff in less than 100 feet and land in about the same distance. There's a little bit of shenanigans since they drag themselves along at 10 feet before landing and I think they put the tailwheel on the ground but only the main wheels count in your score. It was great fun to watch!

16. SteveThompson

Here we go again. :eek:

B’Gosh

Mot Okstef likes this.
  17. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Get Draco vids:cool:

Britt likes this.
  18. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I’ll be there on Saturday with wife and fam. I hope the air show is a special one being the 50th EAA anniversary plus the 75th d-day anniversary.

Every time I go I start looking into flying lessons when I get home. One of these years it’s going to get expensive!

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Ditto

20. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

From the highway, it looks to be a huge attendance this year. Boatload of planes parked in Fond du Lac. Hope there are no more storms like we had over the weekend. Damn, that was rough.