1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oshkosh?

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveThompson, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Watching the Micro jet now, does 320 mph. I could go for one of those. :D

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn. Beat me to it.

Also the reason you see so many accidents/deaths is the much larger number of people doing it vs road racing.

In my dream world GA volume would be like in the 60-70's and roadracing (bike cars etc) would be like nascar....

Its a pretty big dream world... i admit.

I am still somewhat amazed you can go to the airport, get in a plane and fly damn near where ever you want and not say $hit or ask permission to anyone. I dont like to say it to loudly cause i may wake up the eye of Sauron (FAA/gubment) and we dont need that focus on us.

In some countries, that a certain political group would like us to become, you have to ask permission to start the freaking engine, at a podunk airport, on a cessna. I think its France (@HPPT ) that there is basically no night VFR/private flying. Maybe the UK as well. Crazy...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You could have made it without bringing up your personal politics. I suggest and edit while there is time. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

B'Gosh....

Mot Okstef likes this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Time for the annual EAA storms. :crackup:

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Yep. We are getting hammered right now.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I live here. I would say I feel your pain, but I’m laying in bed, nice and dry. :D

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

A few years ago I was standing within about 30 yards of that airplane that got the wings ripped off by the wind. Haha.

Funkm05 likes this.
  9. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I'll be there tomorrow with the wife and sister in law, they're from a huge family and the only vacation they got as kids was a trip to the EAA. I went for the first time last year after living in WI for 27 years, I wish I would have gone up there sooner, it's a pretty neat experience.

10. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

If you get bored, take a look at the landing procedure for the Oshkosh Airshow.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

B'gosh.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  12. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Someone go check out our new Cessna Denali. I have not seen it yet but apparently we have a full size mock up there. Should be a sweet aircraft. Would love to hear any thoughs.

13. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Some kind of P-38 Lightning looking thing is doing some impressive aerobatics right now...

edit: B'Gosh

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

That's the Twin Yak.

[​IMG]

scottn likes this.
  16. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

As if one Yak wasn’t enough trouble...

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Added a link in the video thread that gives some info on the Turbine Wilga, the guy that built it fabbed it himself. Pretty impressive work, only took about 1 Mil and 3000 hours of labor.

18. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Having been in SW Milwaukee for over 9 years, pretty cool to see so many WI ite's here I guess.

My High School friend from The Woodlands, TX built a BD5, w/ prop- that he'd fly up here to Oshkosh for this.

I've driven by on the Hwy many times during this event, never went to the show though.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

It’s amazing how many big events that mile stretch has......EAA, CountryUSA, RockFest, LifeFest........all in like a five week timeframe.

K51000 likes this.
  20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I did a stint working for Jim Bede Sr. Really cool guy. I was working on the BD-4C and LSA at the time. Got to do a little work on a new turbine from Slovakia that would have worked on the BD-5 if we went through with it.

K51000 likes this.