1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

FINALLY! That extra 312' of strap comes in handy!

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Looks like a good way to secure a trailer.

Sabre699 and 27 like this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Well, shit.
    And I misspoke, the alloy makes brass, not bronze. I thought it was the other way around, tin being that other element.

You must be some kind of alchemist, turning shit into gold. Help me out, Gandalf. :D
    Not counting any that may be of value to coin collectors, do pennies have any other value beyond their stamped $ amount?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hate you.

auminer likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Very rarely will you ever come across a circulated coin with any significant numismatic value.

Pennies that were struck in 95% copper, which switched to almost entirely zinc with thin copper cladding in 1982, have a current metal value of 2.49 cents each. However, it is illegal to melt them down for profit.

https://www.coinflation.com/

7. fastfreddie

No worries here, I don't do much of anything for profit. I'm more of an artist...poor, disheveled, unfocused. :D

auminer likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Frednando need not worry about trivial profits :Poke:

he’s got his looks(or mask at least) ;)

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

I've come to the end of that road. It's a cul-de-sac. Nice neighborhood, tho'. :D

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

[​IMG]

27 likes this.
  11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Rice cooker key chain looks like Little Boy - I thought it was a pacifier at first glance, and in reality, Little Boy was a pacifier

edit: make that Fat Man
    [​IMG]

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Always wondered why when they considered a dooms-day weapon it got named the Manhattan Project. :moon:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

anybody seen the Oppenheimer show coming up, maybe already out, with the Peaky Blinders actor in it? Saw a blurb about it looked cool...

there was a B-C level series on AMC about the Manhattan project based in the town in NM and the enrichment in TN and the Germans and all of it... great series of very interesting times

Once a Wanker.. and cha0s#242 like this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Usually Canadian smoke is a good thing.

969 likes this.
  16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

We have a good bit of that smoke here in Buffalo as well. Smells like a campfire when you go outside. I'm going sailing in a couple of hours on lake Erie so I can really breathe it in it fresh off the Canadian coast :D

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm getting it too, today's worse than yesterday. Need the wind to shift back to coming from the west to clear it up.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think it's an upcoming Christopher Nolan movie.
    https://www.oppenheimermovie.ca/

27 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

wow! That looks great! Such a fascinating time in history for science... im sure it won’t get into his special projects after Manhattan... that would be something

I’ve only seen Cillian Murphy in one other B level movie and it was just ok...

his role as Tommy Shelby and Tom Hardy’s role as Alphie Solomon in PB are my favorite in all of tv ever..

I really wish Steven Knight would make more great things like PB and Tabu... stuff is incredible

cha0s#242 likes this.
  20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member