1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You and I were on the same page. If you hadn't posted it, I was going to. Goldie's just pissed he didn't post it first.

CharlieY likes this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Sheesh, I thought USAF bases only had golf courses. At least the Army guys have a Ferris wheel.

3. Resident Plarp

From a friend in the car sales business.

F4E08AD8-1A41-4437-B547-C46372FC16B4.jpeg

And yes, he was approved.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I didn't like Top Gun, sorry.

I was a pit snipe, and nobody knows what that is because all the aircraft carrier movies & documentaries ever want to show is the jets taking off. But, you see the steam that billows out when the catapults shoot a flyboy off the deck? We made that.

The carrier doesn't go anywhere, have any electricity, water, steam, heating, cooling.... without us, all you have is an 88000 ton chunk of cold iron.

Which I can move with one finger on the throttle valve down in 4MMR.

So, EFF Top Gun. :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Effin Steampunks.

CharlieY likes this.
  6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Oh yeah? Well, I was the latrine officer. No one could make a move without me.

CharlieY likes this.
  7. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I made things go roundy round and sparkity spark. Also a snipe. On a fast moving target.

CharlieY likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Well, Ok....I literally get that.

HT2, USS Coral Sea, CV43 here......and numerous years in the shipyard after that.....I've spent alot of time in MMR's and Aux's.

CV43 had (12) 600# boilers, unlike the later ones I worked on in the yard that had the #1200 systems (Saratoga and Forrestal).....12 boilers is alot of work!

I've been shot off the deck a couple times. My cruise on CV43 was TAD from a tender (AD18) and I needed new orders, and then to go back for discharge.

I will say, as an HT at least I got to move around the ship some.....you boys down there livin' in the hole, that looked rough....unless you didn't want to get a haircut or do laundry!....you boys were pretty rough sometimes!:eek::flag:

You MM's and the BT's always pokin at each other was funny sometimes.

Which Carrier were you on?....Somehow I had you pegged as Bubblehead, sorry man:rolleyes:

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Those wasps really know how to pick a location for their nest...

[​IMG]

RichB, Rebel635, L8RSK8R and 3 others like this.
  11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

12. auminer

Damn, dude. Words hurt... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I fixed them for a couple of years, but no way would I be able to contemplate 600+ feet of water over my head.

I was on the Kitty Hawk. We had 8 1200 pounders.

And yes, we stank. The air they piped down to cool us off, as long as you could reach a spot way up in the vent pipe and get a reading of 100 or less, then we didn't have to run reduced time shifts due to PHEL charts. That sucked.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@Gorilla George is going to be pissed those aren't all 7s

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

16. Johnny B

Street Legal

[​IMG]

17. Johnny B

18. Resident Plarp

19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup: .......(kinda) Sorry, I was seeing if you were awake.:bow: I got that impression during posts here, sorry for the mis-read MM.

The machinery spaces were rough, but you guys control rooms were the coldest rooms on the ship! like a frikkin icebox! I know part of it is the temp change.

Thanks for your service:flag:, Thats all you guys here CBRRR, Plarp, Past G, and anyone else. I'm honored to be a member here.

Kitty Hawk was a great ship.

Sorry all for the threadjack....back to oddball behavior.:Poke:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  20. auminer

Yep! :beer:

[​IMG]

tiggen and R1M370 like this.