NJ Motorsport Park OPENING DAY

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by RubberChicken, Jul 8, 2008.

1. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing. However, RESPECT others and their right to free speech. Stop the name calling as it is not constructive nor mature. State your opinion in more constructive manner.

Your post did not specifically state who you where speaking to, but since I used the word GREED in my post. I take it you are directing your comments towards me. No, a problem.

GREED is an excessive passion for money or wealth and has nothing to do with ones financial status. Therefore the word GREED was used appropiratley. You can be Bill Gates or Mr. Homeless and still be have GREED

As, stated in my post, I have spoken with Glen/TPM and shared my thoughts/feedback. Glen/TPM thanked me, took the feedback and asked me to continue to share my opinion as it is well taken was given constructively.

There is no coward here. If you would like to discuss this with me one on one shout me a PM and I will gladly share my name and phone number with you. Or if you would like, post your name and phone number up on here for me or anyone else to give you a call. However, please do not call if you are not able to conduct a constructive conversation aimed at listening and gaining a better understanding another individuals point of view. Hence, leave the fowl language and name calling at home.

Cheers!

2. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Explain to me how TPM as a business is greedy. And also explain to me why I have to respect your decision to slander someone.

My post wasn't 100% directed at you, as there were several people whining without knowing all the facts. But you've made your accusations online in a public forum, and taken the time to call me out, so let's finish it here. Oh, and unlike yourself, my name is in every post I make. And 90% of the people on this forum know who I am. You can email/pm me if you like at [email protected], but know that any information you send in defense of your position, I will post here.

TPM is a business, that has to put out a product in order to survive. Every track day they do does not pay for itself, plus cover the bills and pay the employees. Yet they still do those track days, because they have customers that enjoy those particular tracks. So what is TPM when they run a track day at a loss? Can they be both greedy and generous? If so, where's your posts thanking TPM, or any other track day club for that matter, thanking them for putting on a track day despite the financial losses they've incurred to do so? No, I think I probably won't find any of those from you. So, keep whining about that 4 session day at NJMP that you signed up for of your own volition. The one that was advertised as a 4 session bike/car day. The one that they charged you less for then they would have charged for a regular 3 session day. And next Monday, when they're at VIR with barely enough people there to cover half the cost of the event, I'll be sure and say thanks for the both of us.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Don't need to thank a club for keeping a promise to host an event. That's the difference between NESBA, TPM, STT and a couple of others .. we book a date and we hold it even if we're gonna go in the soup.. thats because that is good customer service... Hopefully at the end of the season we manage to make a profit and earn a living if everything goes well. Even a non-profit structured org needs to run in the black and pay expenses and staff etc... or they go buh-bye. Nice thing about an NPO is any sponsorships can be a substaintial write off for the sposor ie such as Yamaha with NESBA, but the NPO model also has downside as well, there is no perfect model.

A club mentioned in this thread somewhere canceled dates because they didn't have enough people and were going to lose money. I'd hope that if that is thier policy that they would advertise track dates as "best efforts" or "need XX riders to make it work" or at least state that thier policy is to cancel a date for poor registrations etc.

IMO, If you're a "real" providor or proclaim to be then you take the lumps with the good paydays... just like WERA does. If you register with STT, NESBA, TPM you know that your date will go forward and thats worth something to most folks. Anyway, thanks to all of you for coming to the track and for your support or the sport as a whole!

4. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Well-Known Member

Monday, when there at VIR with barely enough people there to cover half the cost of the event? Please, give me a break...A multi-million dollar enterprise TPM has and you think they care about 1 event? I don't care if the event is a total wash, they will make it up somehow, someway. Ride with who you want to ride with, but everyone knows TPM is all about making money. I would rather not ride with a club like that. I used to do a good amount of track days with TPM a couple of years ago, until I realized they don't care about their members, they care about their members' money. I had one of those lady's in the tech line speak to me one day like I was a dog. I don't know where the attitudes over there come from, but I won't tolerate it. The worst part is there are people that will defend the club no matter how wrong or right the issue is. I used to laugh while reading their message board. There are people who will patronize and agree with everything as though they are scoring some kind of brownie points with the management

5. STT-Rider

Psssssssst....... There isn't multi-millions of dollars worth of business for any single club, not even close! I know that when we have an event where we lose many, many thousands of dollars it leaves a mark.

6. Silver_Bullet

The "club mentioned" you are referring to doesn't even have a 2 full years worth of track days under it's belt. The "club mentioned" you are referring to isn't backed financially by anything other than memberships and part sales (which happen to be the best prices on the internet). The "club mentioned" you are referring to is trying to compete with the bigger clubs, like yours, which you would have to agree isn't very easy. When you have a great club like the "club mentioned", it is easy to cancel or change a date because it is family oriented and the word can travel fast. When the dates were changed or canceled, there was ample time for people to re-adjust their schedules. It is easier for a bigger club, like yours, to take a hit on a couple of dates a year because you have a hundred dates a year all over the country! How could a club starting out afford to take a hit on a couple of events if all they have is a couple of events!? With the way the "club mentioned" operates, there is no reason why it can't be as successful as the big clubs now. Hopefully in the future, the "club mentioned will be able to take a few days on the chin here and there and keep marching without a problem. The "club mentioned" will not book the groups to overstuff the track, which seperates them from everyone else. If the track rules allow 50 a group, the "club mentioned" will only run approximately 35 a group. That's compromising money for safety and quality track time, which seperates them from most. If you think that the "club mentioned" hasn't lost money on events because of minimal turn-outs, think again. Despite losing money on certain events and still paying for an "extra" not required, ALS ambulance to be on site at all tracks, it is a great club with great people.
    By the way, the "club mentioned" is Absolute Cycle and they are the best track day club going....and no, I don't work for them, I just call things how I see it from all the experiences I have had over the years doing track days with a good amount of clubs. There are other great clubs out there, including yours, but you can't knock a new club for trying to compete with the big dogs....for now

7. STT-Rider

I'm not knocking, merely pointing out some differences between hobby model providors and those who IMO have the ability and/or moxy to honor thier committments of hosting an event unconditionally regardless of profit or loss. You seem to think that TPM (and maybe STT and NESBA) is some huge corporate entity and that having a big loser doesn't hurt and you're wrong. A big looser can easily wipe out the profit of many "winners".

Since you mentioned it, we started STT well after TPM and NESBA and managed to build a club, or as you say, compete with the big dogs without ever once canceling and event due to poor attendance.... so it can be done. ;) FWIW, our first and scond years we lost money and my and Bonnies savings account made up the difference.

We HAVE canceled dates for scheduling errors (made by the venues), two this season actually so canceled events do indeed happen.

8. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

OK I must be smoking the fat Cheeba in the pits, I remembered it totally different, oh well.

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yup, and as riders we're better off for it - you guys (and gals) are a class act, Monte!

10. Silver_Bullet

Without a doubt, you guys have great club going...I have and would ride with you guys anyday again. It is possible to have a large club and treat it's members right. I just wanted to point out the fact that they canceled or changed a few events to provide a better foundation for the club and it's members for the future. It's not good to start out sinking as I think you may agree

11. STT-Rider

Agreed. Sinking isn't pretty.

Thank you very much for the complement, it is much appreciated and enjoy your track time whoever it's with!!

12. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

I was at NJMP on 7/17 with NYSBC.

I didn't see anyone enforcing rules besides checking wristbands, but it was really hot and I have no doubt my kickstand would have sunk into that blacktop in no time flat.

The smoking is apparently a NJ state rule that has to do with smoking in the vacinity of fuel.

The track themselves had a ton of employees working there which I thought was a good thing (and everyone was friendly)

We were real short on track time but unfortunately there were quite a few accidents that took time to clean up. Was maybe heat related? (100 degrees!)

Next time I go back though I'm going to park in the grass, it was just TOO hot on that asphalt.

BTW, I kinda like watching the cars run!

13. anupe

Back up

Sean -

You might want to back up and read my postings on here. "Slander" is defined as maliciously untrue statement or statements about someone. Post up where in this or any thread where I am guilty of "Slander". Please do that for me. You might want to chose your words wisely and read through my postings before making unfounded statements.

Also, I have not whined about the 7/16 day with TPM. I provided my feedback and commented as to what I experienced on that day and others. Again, you might want to back pedal and read my postings, as I stated the facts regarding TPM not disclosing the four group sessions when I signed up and they first offered the day. Read the postings before you get into something you have no knowledge of.

As, to my name it is Allen. I do not need to leave it in every post. You chose to leave yours and that is great for you.:up: I really don't care who on the WEAR BBS knows you. I'm not here for any popularity contest. If you want to dicuss your concerns with me in a public forum like this, that is fine with me. If you would like to discuss them directly one on one, you can PM me and I will give you my number to give me a call. You choose what works best for you. Whatever you choose. Please reframe from the name calling and making false statements when directly your comments to me. I ask that you make your comments in a constructive manner. I have and will continue to do the same.

Yes, a business/anyone can be both GREEDY and GENEROUS. Did you really need that answered? However, Glen/TPM understands the risks they take when he/they operates a business. It depends on how you respond/deal with those risks. STT-GUY answers how he looks at it in his post.

Sean -

You are out of line with me and that is ok, as I don't take this personal. However, please read through this thread and pay particular attention to my postings. Then come back and present your evidence of me "Slandering" anyone. Whining is debatable and all about perspective. So, I will not even go there with you.

Regarding, my post to thank TPM for putting on any track day, well STT-GUY answered that in his post and he runs the STT days. My thank you on 7/16 was given in person and directly to Glen Goldman at the track on 7/16 along with my feedback. My thank you also went to him in the way of me signing up for a gold membership for the third season in a row, giving TPM $1,000 on Feb 15th for the speedpass and all other business I have given TPM. You see unlike you I ride with TPM and have so for the past 3/4 years. So, I think I have the right to offer my comments here and with Glen/TPM. I give it in a constructive manner.

I will be at NJMP on July 26th and 27th with TPM. You or anyone else that has any issue with my comments on here can feel free to PM me and we can exchange info to meet up and discuss this like adults (without name calling).:beer:

Allen

14. anupe

A little help for Sean "Biz" Mueller

This might help you to locate where I am guilty of "SLANDER"

15. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Holy crap. Are you guy's kidding me? Just go to the track and shut up. If you dont like it dont go:confused:

16. BiZ

If you think I'm going to read through all your drivel, you're nuts. Just do me a favor and quote for me in your postings where you back up your claims of TPM greed. Show me where you provide evidence of how they could charge less for what they do, but specifically charge more then they need to for the soul purpose of generating revenue in excess of what they need to.

All I see is a club, providing a service that no other track day club is offering. And yet some how you've deciced that this is based on greed. You have 0 evidence to support this accusation. Therefore, it is slander. Until you can back up your claim of greed with evidence, it is nothing but slander.

http://www.answers.com/slander&r=67

I don't even like Glenn. And I don't even like the way TPM does business. But you're just on here talking shit and it pisses me off. I've been a TPM member continuously since 2001. I was a coach with them for 2 years, and for several years before I coached I averaged over 16 track days a year with them. I'm friends, and good friends, with several of the top coaches (Bill, Ralph, Bart, to name a few), not to mention many of the employees, and ex employees. So I have some insight into what goes on there. And why things are the way they are.

17. BiZ

Oh, and since you really seem to have a problem with my calling some of you all morons.... Let me spell things out for you. The WERA bbs is populated by the most intelligent motorcyclists in all of the internet. So for someone to just walk in here, and make defamatory allegations against another motorcycle organization without providing any facts what so ever to back them up, and think that no one is going to call them on it... Please. Maybe your not a moron. But you ain't Einstien either.

And just to be clear. I don't have a problem with you, or your decision to post your opinion. Just your decision to post an opinion with no merit behind it, and your continual desire to argue it.

18. anupe

Sean -

I wish you the best in all that you do. Unfortunately, at this time I am unwilling to continue to have this discussion with you as you are not able to take your emotions out of the discussion to listen and hear another indivduals point of view. Again, I wish you the best in all that you do.

Allen

19. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Hey you should just buy banner ads i am sure Mongo would appreciate that a whole lot more then your subliminal messaging. FYI TPM allows video taping

Hey I dont own the club I dont know anything about it I just know its the best product out there for thin...errr i mean track riding
    [​IMG]

20. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

Please get the facts strait, as of this season TPM has brought back/allowed the use of members using on board video equip. The reason it was originally disallowed some years back was the owner himself was on the track and got hit/taken out twice(separate occasions) by idiots hot doggin with no self control. The idea/concept of Shadow Video kinda seems better on paper, cause the way I heard it, is that if you crash, you don't get your footage(someone correct me if I'm wrong.) so less chance of showing off riding above the limits. I personally don't care for Shadow Video as their erratic lines "trying to get the shot" is a mess(just my .02.)

-Generally speaking- As far as all this that club sucks because of this and this club sucks because of that whiny bs...has anyone who had a problem with a particular club actually go to the club owner or the event manager for the day and tell them to their face that they didn't like what was going on then and there rather than coming on the internet and jumping on a soapbox? I know for a fact the answer is %99 NO. Buncha whiny bitches christ all mighty :rolleyes: