1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ Motorsport Park OPENING DAY

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by RubberChicken, Jul 8, 2008.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

YEE HAWWW! Hot Damn! We finally got a very good racing facility close to Philly and New Yawk.

I just returned from burning a lot of gas on the Lightning Road Course today, the inaugural day of track operation.

A dream has come true. Please don't pinch me.

Saw several WERA folks there, that was great.

I loved the rythm of this track. The faster I went, the smoother I got. Yah!

2. redneckrider

redneckrider Well-Known Member

What are the runoffs made of?

should be baby's ass smooth i would think. I will be there in a couple weeks with TPM so i am pretty stoked as well.

What kind of times were people running? Good grip on the track?

Any pictures?

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea what kinda [faster] times did you hear throughout the day?

On another forum, I heard the traction was fantastic.

Cant wait til next Wednesday!!!

4. redneckrider

redneckrider Well-Known Member

I heard that 1:12 or so was a fairly good pace. Apparently the track flows very well and is very fast, so i am pretty stoked about going on the 25th.

5. Morph_of_tc

Morph_of_tc Well-Known Member

There are some major run off issues with that track. Fun track. Fast track. The surface alone will make you pitch a tent. The only other problem is the dramatic drop off after T1. If you not sitting on your tank your gonna do a 2 o'clock wheelie. But run off is an issue.

6. :eek: Already? They just built the place.

7. Morph_of_tc

Morph_of_tc Well-Known Member

It's nothing some sand and air fence can't cure mostly

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate a lil more on what the issue is?
    Is it related to rough terrain, distance or therelackof, obstacles?

redneck cya there on the 25th! :beer:

Ill be there for the other 2 days as well! :up:

9. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

ill b there on the 17th, can't wait. who else is going that day? doing it with nysbc

10. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I didn't really pay too close attention to any run off issues while on the bike, except for the bridge crossing. At race pace I could see a few bikes mixing it up and heading for the bridge support, for you're ending a pretty wide sweeper before you go under. They have tires there, but they should have made the bridge a good 20 feet plus to allow more run off. Or, straighten out the area before the crossing, but that's a little late to do.

It's got a good flow which will increase speeds quite a bit. With that in mind, run off limits will be tested once people get comfortable with the flow. Everyone seemed to play nicely on Tuesday for the most part.

There were several warnings in the riders meeting about running off the track, for it did rain the night before and the ground was soft. I'm sure the dirt is pretty sandy which isn't good when wet.

And how come tracks in the US don't use kitty litter in the run-off area?

Make sure you have some hard compound tires, especially the right side!!!!!

11. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

12. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'll be there the 15th!! Can't wait!!!!

14. Dezy

Dezy Well-Known Member

15. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Looks cool but we need to see some video at race pace:up:

16. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

I am headed there in 2 weeks as well. Finally, a good alternative to riding track days at Pocono. Thanks for posting the track video. Helps to get a feel for the layout of the track before actually getting it.

Ken

17. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

This should give you some ideal of what a race pace would be like. You have wait until about 3:30 into it to get the race pace feel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqUnBATG3pQ

:up:

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

What kind of times were you running?

19. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

What's up with their policy on track stands? I heard that they want to protect their new asphalt from marks/damage and require something under kick stands and track stands or they will fine you... Anyone have direct experience with this?

20. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Not me!

Sorry, but that was not me in the video. I'm not sure what times they were running. If you give a call to Absolute Cycle @ 1-877-382-9800 or PM absolute on here. He might be able to tell what times Jeff Lombardo was running. He is the guy in the video.