1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Truck order??

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 8, 2023.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Haven't you heard? I'm all about a small block now. In the case of this beauty, I've agreed that loppin'
    two cylinders off a 4.7HO is okay. :D

As much as I thought I would love a 'Zilla, that love can't overcome the fact that aluminum is the absolute worst material for sheet metal. (imo)

2. Don't complain. At least they let you take the truck without it. They could have kept the damn thing sitting in the showroom floor and told you that it is a safety issue and you can't get it until the chip is there.

thunderalley3 likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s like I don’t even know you anymore?

fastfreddie likes this.
  4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

This appears to be correct as it was confirmed by another dealer.

I'm going to see if I can get the order in today.

Wall best crack the whip, lol.

G Dawg and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My buddies aluminum 2017 still looks like new, and it's going on 7 years of use.

Makes for better resale up here in the salt belt when the bottom of the door isn't rotted out .

Semi truck cabs have been made out of aluminum for the last 40 years.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

I ding things and things get dinged. I'd prefer those ding-ed spots remember where they came from should I decide to knock 'em back in place. Further, my way of thinkin' about alu translates to a whole helluva lot of fuck no if it ever gets hit in an accident.

SundaySocial likes this.
  7. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

I just got my 2022 f350 ordered it a year ago and took that long to get built but had to use a dealer. There was only a $500 charge for the dealer they were not allowed to price jack or add any local fees to the pricing, was a very good experience in all didn't have any issues other than waiting a year for a circuit board.

8. When is the model/year cutoff? If you just received it, they should have made it a 2023 model.

9. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

For my 2023 RAM, I ordered my truck in September. I was under the assumption that somewhere around late August is when they stop making that model year and begin setting up for the next. My dealer was not able to place an order until 9/17/22. My truck began its build on 2/14/23 and is the 883rd 2500 RAM built in 2023.

I expect to take delivery at the end of next week.

Gorilla George, Razr and tony 340 like this.
  10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Smart buy.

The Cummins powered rams have amazing resale. My 2015 hasn't given me any issues in 150k miles

11. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

Actually, I just sold my 2013 that was a diesel. I'm not saying that it had issues, it just became too much to maintain. Not to mention the added cost of diesel & def for a daily driver not pulling anything. I ended up going back to the HEMI and I'll just deal with the reduction in pulling ability. I'm only pulling my RV 10 or so trips per year, the rest of the time it's a daily driver/family trip vehicle. I'll save roughly $1 per gallon in fuel and never have to deal with the diesel emission crap again.

Razr likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

Y'all need to stop talking about selling your diesels...I'm starting to feel like a lemming. :D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You should really have an EV. :D

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

15. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

The package I build they didn’t offer in 2023 and the vin was assigned in July if 2022 truck just wasn’t “finished” waiting for a computer chip until February.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I ordered a Supercrew back in 2001 when they came out through the fleet Manager at a Ford dealer…. No issues or haggling…

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Did you get it yet?!

tl1098 likes this.
  18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230311-171840.png The maintenance costs of diesels..is just absurd..it truly is.
    I love the Fords, but there the holy grail of massive expenditure for Super Duty owners.
    Starting with the abomination 6.0 they unleashed on the public, up until then they were durable & reliable, without a massive expenditure to keep it going.
    In some cases on the 6.0 after purchase price and non-warranty repairs people were paying more than what a brand new 7.3 cost only a few years before.
    Now it's just insane.
    I have a friend with 2 Duramax trucks.. transmissions transmissions and more transmissions I think he spent about 15,000 so far.
    I have a 7.3 Motovan... I try to do most of the work myself but if it wasn't for that every single time you take it to the shop I'm quoted about $1,500 for any form of a repair .. I bought it used for 3,000, which apparently was a steal with only 210,000 on it. But I don't get all " Fan-Boy" over that million mile b***shit... Although they rack up tremendous amounts of miles every component bolted to that engine will wear out long before that million mile motor will .. it's still down time and downtime cost money$$$$ most people I know and a couple diesel mechanics who says they will not own a diesel LOL ..the other friends trucks are always in the shop or in need of the maintenance/repair dilemma.

Here's a eyeopener article:

Screenshot_20230311-171840.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I thought errybody knew that...

20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

:blart: Lol..
    Diesels pretty much are a wealthy guys car...in perspective.
    There a luxury..not a necessity....hence the big $ up front & the Large maintenance costs.
    No diff than a Italian/ German sports car...lol

My grandparents/parents towed 40 ft trailers for 25+ years with a straight six GMC pickup and the other with a 350 small block..... Most of the grandparents old trucks were sixes and 8s .. for hauling and delivery it's amazing what gears do.. but of course that was in the day and age where cars even muscle cars could barely cruise at 65 on a interstate without rattling your teeth off .lol

Today every kid thinks he needs $100,000 pickup truck to tow a toy hauler and a handful of dirt bikes...lol Marketing works...lol

But cannot be argued, what they're capable of , these new diesels now is incredible vs anything that came before...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    Razr and ducnut like this.