1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Truck order??

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 8, 2023.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What's the scoop on ordering a new superduty? I went through the ordering page online and once I had everything picked out, it referred me to a local dealer. Never ordered a truck. Is that how it works? I know it has to be delivered to a dealer, but do I have to order through a dealer and am I subject to the market adjustment BS my local dealer is charging? Can I order from any dealer?

Any idea on lead time?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I had a co-worker order one a few years ago. I can ask him when I get to work tonight how it worked

Once a Wanker.. and BC like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

One of my buddies just ordered a Ford superduty. He did have to order through a dealer.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I ordered a 2023 Transit Connect on Jan 10th from the dealer .
    Once said dealer submitted my order, I received an email from Ford informing me of such.
    As the process continues, I will keep receiving progress reports from them. Screenshot (106).png

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im positive you can order from ANY dealer for $100... fully refundable. And you can order from multiple dealers so
    the chances of your order being accepted by Ford is greater. If all the orders came in... you can get your $100 back and then the dealer would love you since they can tack on ADM, etc.
    There are also high volume dealers that sell well under MSRP...
    But I thought the ordering deadline has passed??

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Kris 87 is a bbs guy and in upper management at a big a Ford dealer in GA. Dm him and he'll give you a straight answer

7. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

You should be able to get a better deal with an ordered vehicle as well because the dealer doesn't have to pay any flooring costs as the vehicle is "sold" when it arrives to them.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Yep, just didn't want to bother him.

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I ordered a F350 last February and finally received it mid December. I have a 30 year history with this Atlanta area family own and operated dealership, having done work for them, and know most everyone in the family. Message me if you'd like to learn more about how it all went for me. I'm laid up anyway, so have time to talk.

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I service the plant that makes all the HVAC units in the dash for the super duty lines.

The guy there that's our contact told me all superduty trucks for next year are spoken for.

I don't think that means you cant order a red one etc., it just means they're making X number and that's it.

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

If you are open to a Ram reach out to one of the big dealers Granger, Koons, Dan Cummins, and Mark Dodge. If you do a quick google search you’ll find you can custom order at significantly discounted prices. I think the Koons folks also do Ford as well. You will end up sending your build sheet to their group buy folks not to their normal internet sales folks. I ordered my TRX from Koons last year, it took about 6 months to build, with their discount plus the fact ram raised the base price during my wait (you get price locked) I ended up saving close to $16k off MSRP. I have a 23 TRX on order with Mark Dodge I figured they are a bit closer.

12. Yes, that is basically how it works. You can't actually order the vehicle online; it has to be ordered through a dealer. But you can order it from any dealer. It doesn't HAVE to be your local one.

You go online and "build it" and submit your build on the website. The system will generate a build code. You take that code to your dealer of choice, and tell them you want to order that. If you don't have the code with you, they can usually look it up. But I usually email them with the code and they get back to me, or I walk in with the pdf of my build in my hand.

They will ask for a deposit. On most of them I have only had to put down $1000. On the Turbo GT they required a minimum of $5000. I have no idea why it varies.

From there, it is a matter of waiting till the dealer gets allocation. My orders for the Escalade, Duramax, Bacon Turbo and SVR were accepted into the system almost immediately. For the TGT I had to wait 8 months for him to get allocation.

While waiting for allocation, and/or when he gets allocation, the dealer will probably reach out to you one more time to make damn sure it is exactly how you want it. Until the build order is in the system, you can still make changes (color, seats, etc). Once the build order is in place, that's it. You are getting what is in there.

Then you wait for it to be built and delivered.

Once it arrives, they will have to do the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) to make sure it is good to go. Then you go pick it up.

That's it.

It is a hassle free process, that lets you get exactly what you want, and it can mostly be done online (that is why I like doing it). On most of them I only went to the dealership once, and that was when I picked it up. On the TGT I went 3x. Once to submit the order, once when he got allocation because the GM wanted to go through my build sheet one more time, line by line, and then the 3rd time when I picked it up.

Shit. Now you are making me excited about ordering another vehicle. I wanna do it again.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Jesus fuck, you already bought all the fucking water, give someone else a turn you greedy fuck. :mad:

14. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I went through the ordering process with RAM back in early September. The dealer I went through submitted my order on 9/17, which was the very first day any dealer could submit a build for a 2023 model. I am about 10 days from actually picking up the truck. No money down! I just signed a promissory note agreeing to the purchase price. And actually, the price went down a little.

RAM also had emails showing the progress of the build, shipping status and even the electronic window sticker.

6 months from start to finish. I think that time is slowly getting better. I belive the Ford timeline is worse and no idea on Chevy.

15. Critter

Critter Registered

I have been all over the Ford site today and would like to buy a new 150 and cannot find how to do this? I can only build then GET Internet Price.

BC likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ford has been deleting various options that require chip(s) to operate on higher spec models.

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Same deal for me.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I was told it will be at least 10 months, which I'm fine with.
    But mine is a special order as Ford dropped the Transit Connect from their lineup.
    No money down as I have a business relationship with the salesman . On thing to watch for is the price . I got it in writing that the price quoted is what I will be paying for it not including tax & title .
    I tried building it online with no luck.

19. Smak76

Smak76 Member

The Super Duty order bank is not currently open. No idea when it will open back up. Lead time? Somewhere between 10 weeks and 10 months when it opens back up.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

They should put that online where they let you waste your time building a truck you can't order.