1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Truck order??

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 8, 2023.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just talked with my salesman.
    Currently they can still order : Super Duty Xl Work ,XLT and possibly Lariat.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you have to go through a dealer. Call Akins Ford in Winder GA, talk to Kris, he'll set you up with one of the salespeeps. They sell so many they'll get preferential treatment from the factory if anyone can.

3. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

My Chevy dualie was 7 months from the time GM accepted the order and the truck arrived at the dealer. It is heavily optioned and everything was in place except for the front and rear park assist which is there except for the "chip" to make it work. I have been waiting for that part for a few months now with no delivery date in sight.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ahem…

If you need park assist, you shouldn’t be driving a dually. :Poke: :Poke:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It probably won't work without all of the stuff fired up.

6. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

It is called being lazy and not paying attention. I just back up until the seat tells me I am close enough.

I won't mention the day it got turned off and I was about 3 inches from backing through my own garage door :blart:

969 and pickled egg like this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Akins says ordering is closed until the 4th quarter.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Something else funny is going on. Brandon Ford (Big Florida dealer) has a bunch of SD's for sale with 500-800 miles (akins has a few too). They say they were demo's or loaners. Still selling over sticker.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The over sticker is why you talk to Kris :D

Nothing funny really, they don't have shit for inventory all in all so rarity drives the price up.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the truck market out on the west coast is even more insane...

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

True laziness would be getting someone else to drive

Do better

:D

thunderalley3 likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Anyone want to buy a 2022 Silverado 1500 LTZ with 10k miles? Trying to make a deal with my dealer and he generally just wholesales the trucks to a guy who ships them across the border and makes money on the exchange at the auctions. They only want to.give me $61k Cdn . Close to the border on the US side here they are going for $51-55 USD. That's like $72-76g Cdn.
    Truck is 11 months old.

Still working on him though.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No one wants your Canadian Commie built Chevy with square wheels. Keep that commie built thing up north, eh. We only drive trucks built by our commies in FT Wayne IN. Or maybe Mexcio, America South as we call it. :D

Damn50-55k for a used LTZ...lawd have mercy.

GLWS.

tony 340 likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I want it, whether I can afford it is another thing. :crackup:

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Skip the pretense...thread title should be "suck it, I'm rich beotch!!!"

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My buddy was actually at dealer looking for a truck but couldn't find exactly what he wanted so the salesman recommend je spec one out and order it. My buddy Freddie said you should be able to do it all on line but don't know how they would do deposit and such

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

LOL, far from it. Just have a couple 2017's paid off worth close to what I have in them and figured it's time to downsize to 1 truck.

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My next SuperDuty...
    :D

140793217.jpg
    - AWD takes care of the 4x4 consideration
    - 2nd and 3rd row seating fold-n-stow beneath the floor leaving a flat surface capable of handling a 1500lb stack of 4x8 plywood, or whatever
    - 3600lb tow rating takes care of my "loaded for the track" 6.5x14 tandem axle alu v-nose trailer.

Ford is dead to me...even tho' they're the only ones making an extended cab dually with an 8' bed, which is the only body style I'm interested in. Aluminum is for casting engine blocks, not stamping bodies.

tl1098 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can you stuff a Godzilla in there? ;)