NCAA FOOSBALL

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Sep 23, 2023.

1. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Slow down speed racer. :crackup: Go show me where I've commented about any of this...

I'm a UW fan, and I think SEC/ACC bias is real, but that's because I come from the West Coast. Most people think their team gets stiffed by the refs when they lose, or they get snubbed by the selection committee. A bunch of grown-ass men in here with their panties in a bundle, all because of some young men playing a game on the field.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Ducks beat Liberty Bibberty, and Regardless of Michigan/Alabama and Texas/Washington;

I'm glad Ohio State lost. :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    Jon Wilkens likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Michigan. It was a good game.

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

UGA had a horrible game against AL and lost. Rightfully so. UGA played about as bad as they had all year, AL played about the best game they had all year.

Michigan is much improved over last year, they played good enough to win yesterday. The Texas/WA game was good as was the AL/MI game. It was nice to see two games go till the last few minutes.

I think that FSU was great till they lost Q1, still a very good team, and as Kirby said it was disappointing what happened to them before the bowl game (with players opting out). UGA has a team mentality where the players wanted to play. They had zero opt outs, only transfers gone and injured players out. Other than that, they all played and it showed. Say what you want but even the second half with our 2nd and 3rd string players in, they still moved the ball at will and defense was still solid.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was wrong, congrats to the winner.

Look the eff out when Bama drafts a QB that isn't just a RB.

Can't believe that the tide swamped NCAAFs best team out of the playoffs only to choke like that.

Georgia is going to play with a yuuuuuuge chip on their shoulder next year.

Jon Wilkens and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  7. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Think I'll go ride roller coasters Monday night instead.

8. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Funny, whenever Michigan loses, it's the same thing. Nobody ever beats Michigan. ​

9. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Where have you been the last 20 years?

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Kollege foosball is broke. The transfer portal and 200 years of player eligibility have turned it into a real minor league feeder for the NFL and have eliminated any true tie in to college academics in my opinion. I don't necessarily think that's right or wrong, but the NCAA and schools need to have a come to Jesus meeting to decide if the sports are for kids who want to study at specific schools or if sports are only a money maker for schools and the players are simply hired guns at this point. If they decide that sports are secondary to education then go back to the older elig rules and get rid of the zero penalty transfer BS. Otherwise just let the schools hire players and treat the sports as revenue centers. Shit, make a relegation system and roll up all divisions and the NFL to promote / demote system. The Panthers drop to BCS and Michigan and Texas go to the NFL! (simplistic, but funny nonetheless.)

CBRRRRR999 and R Acree like this.
  11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Correct. Ohio State played/defeated Oregon in the BCS National Championship game.

YamahaRick and Sabre699 like this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

'Sup Jeffah?

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Pissed Dan-O. Pissed. :) Ain't the first time, won't be the last. Luckily, don't have to feel it too often.

How are you?

14. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Nearly all of those bowl games were a waste of time and counted for next to nothing except tarnishing some teams records even more because of opt outs, Ohio State/FSU, etc, are just some of them. I flippin’ hate Bichigan, but after living in Bama for three years and listening to all of the Bama crap over and over, I’m happy they were beaten, even if it was by TTUN.

Forever a Buckeyes fan win or lose. Hopefully we’ll get back on track next year.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Got it, just a quick question which team has over a 1,000 wins lifetime?

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  16. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Bichigan has a win % of 733 and OSU 734.
    Michigan had an 11 YEAR start! Wouldn’t clap too loudly there.

17. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Definitely not my “Futility U”.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep understood some ohio peeps always are late getting things going I guess?

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Curious how many of these 'true blue' fans are actually alumni of the kollij they so rabidly support the men in tights of.

I guess by that metric I'm stuck rooting for Navy? (not rooting in the Australian vernacular)(didn't go to Annapolis, but I did enlist)

Or can I claim LSU since I was born in Louisiana?

OU or OSU since I own land in Oklahoma? (might have something here) (can I switch back and forth based on performance?)

Texas Tech since I own a house in Lubbock? (as if I'd want to)

SMU since it's the closest big skool to where I live? (as if I'd want to)

What's the protocol for us who's only degree is 98.6?

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Yep. Bama is in second 38 wins behind, playing 13 less years. Would be 31 behind, but a few players used their textbook money for other things. NCAA took 7 wins.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.