1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA FOOSBALL

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Sep 23, 2023.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

As an Atlanta person(Go Braves) what is happening in the SEC... pak12 Deion Sanders CU w/e.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I don’t normally watch college football. But I watched Colorado get welcomed to the big leagues today.

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The CU egos took a hit. Not really disappointed. I say that as a CU grad.

They barely beat CSU last week, I did not understand the hype.

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

After watching the Horns beat Alabama then not play down to Wyoming and Baylor…dare I say I’m cautiously optimistic we might actually have a team. :Poke:

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Penn State is once again getting the faithful's hopes up.....

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Both Texas and Penn State are legit contenders this year, but that only gets you first in line to get fed into Georgia's buzz saw.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

CU plays USC next week. They have some work to do.
    Local hype is that FSU is 4-0. They were given a gift yesterday.

8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Ohio State showed up in the end with a quality win at a good opponents place. New QB is coming along nicely with much room for improvement.

Go Buckeyes.

2blueYam likes this.
  9. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

A little more variety this year with more teams looking vulnerable. As much as I love the ACC and SEC dominance, I do like the pool to be bigger than 2-4 teams every year.

10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

quality win?? Seriously? LOL It's more like ND gifted them the game vs they showed up. Horrible clock management and play calling at the end by ND....oh...and they win on a play vs 10 players. slow clap? LOL

R Acree, brex and Sabre699 like this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

12. Gixxerguy855

Well, I certainly thought ND was a quality opponent, sorry you didn’t think so. Agree with your opinions on their coaching too. In the end, quality win that was great for our young team!

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

And Ryan Day classy as always in his post game interview. :rolleyes: Maybe he should spend more time coaching and less time watching TV

14. Gixxerguy855

He was perfect for the situation and all the classless comments that have been made. Team and fans needed to see him have some fire for once. He apologized and thanked the interviewer as well. All is good.

15. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

:crackup:

16. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Ohio State? :Puke:

Go Blue!
    (Though I wish I didn't have to wait to see them play Penn State and Ohio State during the backend of the schedule to find out if they are actually any better than last year. Really wish Michigan would try to add some top ten ranked non-conference games to their schedule)

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  17. rwdfun

rwdfun

Oh he did a sorry not sorry? Glad to see Day is so thin skinned. He might want to shut the TV off. Although I’m guessing he spent a fair bit of the rest of the weekend watching the sports pundits to fluff his delicate ego. Holtz didn’t say anything classless. He offered his opinion on why OSU has lost so many big games recently. He said the same thing many OSU fans have been saying.

brex likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

And Holtz wasn't wrong. The problem was this time ND lost the big game with that idiotic defense at the end. And that #20 or 30 should have ended the game with the dropped interception on yet another stupid throw. Ohio state lucked into that win, they didn't go out and win a big game.

Jon Wilkens and R Acree like this.
  19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Reminds me of the classic "SEC Shorts" videos with Hope (seriously funny videos poking fun at the SEC teams, hilarious if you have a few minutes- google "sec shorts" and watch a few). In the past, Hope would visit with UGA and then crush them when they would start to get excited. Luckily she's moved on to torment other teams these days.. :)

20. Gixxerguy855

I suppose you could use that same thinking in Georgia’s lucky win against THE Ohio State last year too. Sad thing is, I like ND and have went to their games, but they were a top 9 team and lost. Couldn’t get multiple 4th and 1’s and got a bunch of rushing yards, but lost! They did win a big game, period! Guess the Polls thought so too.