1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MV12 Test

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 31, 2021.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Doesn't this bike have more power than the Yamaha?

Combine that with the fact that it corners well and seems to save the tires and it sounds like a recipe for success.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Except for the fact that he already has one.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m pretty sure it’s down on HP to everyone. If I’m wrong then my argument has holes. But I was basing it off having the least hp

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The Ape didnt have problems keeping a Ducati behind it at the long Silverstone straights last weekend. Aprilia had higher trap speeds than Yamaha at pretty much every track this year.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I thought that was because of how good they can come off a lot of the sweepers. Aragon has the main straight you park the bike in and then squirt it out. That’s where I was thinking it could really hurt them. I didn’t realize the Yamaha has been down on trap speeds though so maybe their power is on par.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd like Vinales to go well at his first gp on the Aprilia but you look at the grid so a top 10 is asking a lot. Hell, I don't know, he'll beat Rossi and Crutchlow so I guess that's something.

henry_carlson and Quicktoy like this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I thought I remembered that the Ape actually had plenty of power initially but they had to scale it back because it kept grenading itself. For some reason I want to say I've heard commentators or someone saying they've progressively gotten back much closer to where they were prior to the detuning. But this could all just be in my head as I can't seem to place why I think I remember all this.

8. lopitt85

That sounds familiar to me as well

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i have no clue, the dude is mercurial. can see him winning and can also see him having one little thing go wrong and he bounces it off the rev limiter out of spite.

reporting is positive (not surprisingly) they are fostering a "family atmosphere" for him and he wanted to ride this years stuff and not dev parts at the test to get up to speed so thats positive i guess lol.

i dont like him but hope he does well so we have another contender to foster some good racing.

-also, they bumped salvadori, so would that mean if JR was there they woulda done the same? if so, revisionist history has damned the kid both ways

10. lopitt85

That's and excellent point because I was definately on team "he should've went to Aprilia".

I hope he is able to turn it around and have a strong finish to the year (same for Beaubier) . It almost seems like Roberts is struggling more without the pep talks/big ups from Hopper this year. I think he needs someone who can keep his self-confidence up.

11. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

But it's a fast Spanish guy at a Spanish track. He'll be all fired up. With big landscape walls as backdrop for cool photos.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I don't claim to be Nostradamus, but here's what's going to happen. We'll see a miraculous podium next race, followed by back to back 19th place finishes.

cpettit and YamahaRick like this.
  13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

And then coming back a few years later to put a hurting on most of the field, again!

I think it's widely believed that he was riding a cheater bike, but it was still pretty badass.

BigBird likes this.
  14. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Does Vinny get to keep the points he earned on the Yammy after switching to the Ape?

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

They are 'rider' championship points....

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and then came back again and landed on his head and knocked himself almost dead.

17. mattys281

mattys281 Banned

I hope it’s a good fit for him. I like to see the battles at the front of the pack, as far as I’m concerned the more ‘top guys’ there is battling for the podium the better.

I also am always a fan of the underdog and thoroughly enjoyed seeing Aprilia on the podium last week.

There’s been so many different race winners this year, it sure has been a helluva season. You never know what’s going to happen when the lights go out

ShadowBoxer and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Top guns going to buzz the tower and be the first rider in history to win a race in two different manufacturers bikes in the same year.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I think his first win on the ape will be Qatar 2022

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Does WSBK race there?

The Great One likes this.