1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 6 | Mugello | Italy | June 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 5, 2023.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Right? I wonder how many times we will see the patented A.M. "Sure, i've run wide, but i'm just gonna dive bomb back to where I should be, weather someone is coming through or not" move..;)

Letitsnow likes this.
  2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Finally had a chance to watch the M2 race. I don’t think Lowe’s was wide, he was on the line normally taken. They take Scarperia tighter as it’s a pretty sharp right and open up the entry of Palagio. Slow in fast out in that section. That said, there’s always the possibility by taken the racing line that someone will come up the inside there, it’s for sure going to cost time but it’s possible and has been done a thousand times over in every class. There shouldn’t have been a penalty, IMO, while it was close, Lowe’s did stand up a bit before the contact. It’s just hard racing on lap 1. Lowe’s should have closed the line a little more on lap one or should’ve been ready for someone to come up the inside. Lowe’s panicked and that probably cost him the fall more than anything, the touch was light.

Positive side note, we didn’t have to wait 18 laps for Lowe’s to bin it on his own.

younglion and 27 like this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

My wife watched a little with me yesterday and asked just how many brothers are racing. At one point, part of the running order on the screen showed: JMar, MMar, LMar, AMar… all in a row. And then Marc went exploring the traction on the marbles on the outside and the Mar-train got smaller.

HPPT, IL8APEX and bullockcm like this.
  4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

"It's not me. It's you."

Jedb likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Might need a translator, but I would love to know what MM was saying when he looked at his disabled Honda.

Jedb likes this.
  6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

See the post above yours for the translation obtained straight from a very reliable corner worker.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Y la puta que te pario!!!!

would be one guess...

SundaySocial likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

“and the bitch that you had”?

Like F you and the horse you rode in on?

my spanish is rusty...

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe…”I needa Ducati, where’s Rossi”

10. Jedb

Literally, "And the bitch that birthed you"
    Kinda the final insult in a string.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I knew it was birthed but had the possessive mixed up so it didn’t make sense...

That’s way better of an insult than a horse... for most at least... depending on the mother and the importance of a horse in your life...

Never heard that one... that from your time in Argentina? Or SoCal?

12. Jedb

Argentina. Typically used by my host father while he was driving. :crackup::crackup:
    "Te mete cornuto" (I give you the horns / may you be the cuckold)
    "Y la puta que te parrio!!!"
    Some hand gesturing was pretty common. lol

27 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ve had Femina on my musical rotation a bunch lately... I love their enunciated accents, don’t know if that’s an Argentinian thing or their region of San Martin but I sure enjoy it.

14. Jedb

In Argentina/Uruguay the "Y" and "LL" come out with a very different sound than the rest of Latin America.
    The joke is that Argentines are actual Italians that happen to speak Spanish.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

after we talked about it way back I looked at the demographics and that’s not far off... lots of Italians and Germans too...

Genetics fascinates me and Argentina is a cool mixing pot it seems... I’m partial to blue eyes dark hair and tan skin, which happens a bit when Euros mix with natives of the Western Hemisphere

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Isn't that a fact? Lots of Italian-sounding names down there.

17. Jedb

They had several large immigration waves.
    Italy, Spain, Germany and some Arabic & Jewish immigration as well.

HPPT and 27 like this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

like these... here you have decent taste in women Papa... check Femina out, their music is wonderful and they’re nice to look at too

5530C338-6974-47F7-8F46-2F3F95A5BA27.jpeg

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My daughter's Latina side is so strong that she would be unable to utter a word if you tied her hands behind her back. If she gets excited, all present are in imminent danger of unintentional slapping.

HPPT, 27 and Jedb like this.
  20. Jedb

Trucco is Spanish. Also the name of a card game where you lie your ass off. Good double meaning there.
    Miglioli? sounds like a Moto3 rider. :crackup:

27 likes this.