1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 6 | Mugello | Italy | June 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hahaha if Alex knocks down Luca he’s not getting out of that track alive…

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Tough day at the office for Papa Marquez.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Awesome podium.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Shortest Zarco parc ferme interview ever.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They just put it on so he can be transported to Spain and have the surgery he trusts operate on it.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

27 likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It wasn’t even a compound fracture... I’d tell them to put an air splint on it and put me on the plane... It’s only got two rods so it can’t be that bad... seems like an odd use of the contraption

I’m traumatized by lots of ortho procedures so..

I’d bet the surgeon he uses will take that shit out and plate or rod it internally sh he can get back to it... I hope anyway I like the Baker’s boy

BigBird likes this.
  8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pretty representative of Honda's season.
    Marquez - 4x DNF in a row
    Rins - Out (leg)
    Mir - Out (pinky)
    Takka - 13th ish place

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 9.10.44 AM.png

Yzasserina and 27 like this.
  9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

These penalties are just ridiculous. Lowes was wide, it was just a clean hard pass on the opening lap.

badmoon692008, BigBird and 27 like this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Is no one going to talk about Öncü and that last lap pass through Arrabiata 2? Holy fuck. Dude needs to get on a M2 ride ASAP, only reason he lost that race is his size.

Quicktoy and SuddenBraking like this.
  11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Haven’t seen M2 yet but
    Haven’t seen M2 yet but that Binder penalty from yesterday’s Sprint was typical Spencer BS. That dude needs to go the fuck away from every form of motorcycling.

CRA_Fizzer, Phl218 and 27 like this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I miss the long extravagant passionate Zarco interviews... Fabio might have beat him to a championship but Johan is the mold that French stereotypes are made from... he just needs a beret and cigarette, which I’m sure he wears as soon as he leaves the track :D

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

couldn’t agree more...

When has there ever been an issue with a rider that hasn’t been either handled on the track or at the track?!? It doesn’t take much to remedy an issue. The FIM is creating problems and not helping anything with their calls.

BigBird likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

2 Marquez on the grid and 2 Marquez in the dirt. Can’t say I didn’t find it entertaining.

How much longer do we have to watch this Honda shit show? Puig Marquez and his whole crew need to be sacked and the whole thing started over. They need Brivio or Suppo and some fresh talent to turn that shit around.

Phl218, Jedb and 27 like this.
  15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

<Insert Mike Hailwood/rear shock anecdote>

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Even Mike couldn't win on the current Honda. Stan would have bought him a Ducati.

17. ORIF

ORIF Well-Known Member

External fixation is being used for the more severe acute distal tibia/ankle fractures at initial presentation. The fixator spans the fracture from the tibia above the fracture to the heel and or foot below.. This allows quick and easy stabilization of the fractures so that the soft tissues can recover before definitive sugery is performed.. Once the swelling goes down in a week or 2, the fixator is removed and the fracture is plated. For distal tibia/ pilon fractures, soft tissues healing is paramount. There is not much muscle around the ankle area, so the blood supply to the tissues is not as robust as the femur. I really like how they extended the bars parallel to his foot so that his heel sits above the bed, protecting it from any pressure sore. Pretty clever.

And my wife is always asking me why I watch so much motorcycle racing.

MotoGP just improved my job performance.

scottn, cse, BigBird and 7 others like this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If broken bones are your thing, I believe that you have come to the right place.

ORIF, BigBird, MachineR1 and 4 others like this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thanks for that... I didn’t see the one through his heel until I just looked again... I appreciate your explanation and expertise.

I’ve seen perfect alignment secured with K wires in recent years with minimal invasive procedures... angle bent on top of the skin and pulled after healed 6-8 weeks...

back in my day my xrays looked like bailing wire around a fence post

ORIF likes this.