MotoGP | 2023 | Race 13 | Buddh | Indian | Sep 22 - 24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 18, 2023.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

8 9 and 10 should visually look like the carousel at road America. Should be fun to watch

2. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a possible major shit show

3. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

with the visas and such.

4. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

The timing of this round makes no sense and screams of just holding it to line Dorna's pockets. Homologating the track a day before proceedings? They aren't going to fail it with the whole paddock on site! Also shit timing with having it between two other race weekends with all the known problems getting into and out of the country. This is a money decision 100%.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Bruce and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

so they should be racing for free?

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Well it is India, the country with nuclear weapons but no working sewage treatment.

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Does Dorna do any other kind?

Bruce and Phl218 like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

They’re still on hold with tech support…

wac and notbostrom like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’s gonna be a complete shit show with just the issues that are coming with customs and I bet there will be more than a few crew members and even racers not getting visas. :crackup:

The two times I was planning business trips to India ultimately it was the never ending paperwork to get the visa and the costs with just the endless run around that saved me from going.

can not wait until they riders hit customs and have to list the serial number for their watch and anything with a value over $ .50 not to mention what’s going to happen when the equipment (tools, stands, even the rider’s helmet and leathers) hit customs.
    and when the Delhi belly hits. . .

Fudge, this is gonna be epic! :crackup:

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

They've known for months that they were going to India, why wasn't the visa situation sorted out long ago?

Phl218 likes this.
  12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Surprised India is fucking around with visas. They are the ones taking a financial hit if things go sideways

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

First time I started my I started 3 months ahead. Next time I started 5 months.

I was told “it’ll take as long as it takes.”

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So the bureaucracy hasn't moved on much since the days of the Raj.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Say what you will about colonialism, at least the trains ran on time…

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A good start for the trains would be to stop crashing into each other.

India is full of individual genius, but marred by collective mayhem... How many languages spoken? 120 or so?...

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Have you been posting on Motomatters?......

19. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

The ones that don't make it through may be considered lucky because I hear it's the same leaving. Following week is Japan. Some may not make it there.

20. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, I used fly in there about 5-6 times a year for 4 years straight, the watch was left at home after the first few trips, same thing for the electrical razor