1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 13 | Buddh | Indian | Sep 22 - 24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 18, 2023.

1. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I swear I still can’t fully get smell out of my head. It’s only been 24 years since I’ve been there, maybe someday I won’t catch random smell flashbacks.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Well, they are in business, so....:D

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

LOL, it's fucking India, if their is any possible way to fuck something up it will happen there, Spent 2 months their from north all the way South to Goa and then Sri Lanka. It's a love/hate country with beauty and culture on one hand, and a dirty shithole on the other, never knowing in the next 10 minutes which one will appear.

Circacee and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've also been all over India and Sri Lanka. I don't think I ever want to return, except to possibly rent and ride a motorbike in Ladakh, but I'd really have to convince myself to do that.

5. Captain Morgan

I hear you, was on a tight budget in india, you know things are cool when your on a a train and the toilet is a hole in the floor to the tracks

Circacee likes this.
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The trains in France were like that when I went on a school trip in 1969. Flushed the toilet, a flap opened and you could see the ground rushing by underneath.

7. Captain Morgan

This was like 4 years ago, really hope it works out there, India and Trinidad produce some of the hottest girls on the planet, the country is so ass backwards I'm sure every moto gp emplyee from the the very bottom to the top is running around like a chicken with their head cut off about now.

BigBird likes this.
  8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Same in Germany, 1971. I was with my parents headed to Bremerhaven to pick up the family station wagon that was shipped over from Charleston. A more recent trip between Essen and Berlin a few years ago showed me German Engineering had improved the bowel movement experience on their trains.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

India is basically where more modern countries were 40-50 years ago. They'll ramp up soon enough.

BrentA likes this.
  10. Captain Morgan

In 40-50 years

11. Captain Morgan

India will never be a modern country and I actually like it for that, it's a shitshow of pollution, throwing garbage in the street, can't tell you how many times I've stepped in cow shit with sandals, love curry but eventuality I'm like can some one cook something without fucking curry powder, it's a very interesting place, everything works on bribes for 5 dollars

12. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

keep it street, no one knows the circuit.

13. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Stayed up to watch Moto3 FP1 last night. The camera can barely see the bikes when they’re at the end of the straight because of such the shit air quality.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn, that brings back memories. I had to go to Bremerhaven once a month to pick up supplies for our little station. If I recall a carton of Marlboros was like $5 and a case of Bud was $10. The Germans on our island loved Bud so we always picked up cases of it for them:D

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Track looks nice, turnout seems low but its only Friday

16. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Wooo SDK p25!!

03RumbleBee, Circacee and IL8APEX like this.
  17. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I love watching the first few laps of these guys at a new circuit. It's like watching an overzealous street guy ride on a track for the first time: running off everywhere.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

All I know is SOMEONE will leeave with the all time lap record

19. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Jeeze dont put yourself out there like that

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Does anybody remember when everyone was bagging on Simon when he first started doing pit reporting? That guy is a legend, and has so much detailed insight. Plus he's not afraid to ask the harder questions of the Team Managers.